Life is always occupied with bundles of tasks that you keep doing day in and day out. Most of these tasks are routine and monotonous, while few others are unique. While a majority of them are compulsory ones, few still remain an option for you to pick.
One such simplest mundane and unchanging task is the task of showering dedication to take care of yourself. It is easy said than followed. Because, by being busy from dawn to dusk, you generally pay low levels of priority when it comes to taking care of yourself.
You even skip your gym, exercising, grabbing a healthy snack, or taking proper sleep, by continuously hanging on to some of the other task.
Self Care:: The everyday mantra
You need to understand that by neglecting your own self, you are actually neglecting your presence in this world. Before things worsen, you need to quickly drift your focus towards practicing self-care.
A few of them are illustrated below for your ready reference that helps you to take care of yourself.
Self-Care Ideas for the mind
1. Write down and maintain a record of all the compliments you earn in life.
2. Display all your merits and certifications to boost your morale and esteem.
3. Pick and action upon one long pending to-do task in your list.
4. Take decisions on your own, basis the information, and the idea self-care that you get from learned sources.
5. Be answerable for your thoughts, ideas, and actions. Fix responsibility for all good and bad outcomes that result because of you.
6. Climb up the roof-top and keep staring at the moving clouds, the formations they make in the sky.
7. Look at the night sky and the stars that form up a shape. Imagine various formations and picture them onto a piece of paper.
8. Think of an idea self-care by changing your writing hand and writing down some content every day on a piece of paper.
9. To reach a particular destination, try a new path.
10. Drive a vehicle that you haven’t driven for long.
Self-Care Ideas for the body
1. Check the well-being of each of the organs your body comprises. Check your breathing ability, check your pulse rate, check your digestion process, etc. Do such checks with all the organs and do it every single day.
2. Exercise every day to know how fit your body is. By attempting the self-care idea, know for how long it can sustain the work out without a break.
3. Take out time to unleash your body and practice Zumba or Aerobics for a minimum of 20 minutes each day.
4. Play your favorite music and turn the ground to be a dance floor. Dance on top of your intensity as if nobody is watching you.
5. Take frequent washroom breaks, not just to avoid putting yourself in an embarrassing situation, but primarily because you want to keep yourself healthy and want to be a go-getter.
6. Climb up and down the staircase three-floored at least three times in a day.
7. After having your breakfast, lunch, and dinner, take out a few moments to walk a mile before you get into some task.
8. Be choosy about the kind of diet you keep grabbing. With self-care ideas, ensure to make your food nutritious.
9. Wear comfy clothes and the relaxing footwear to feel the coziness of the weather outside, thereby sailing in luxury.
10. Get yourself a full body massage, with oils, with steam, etc. to refresh your skin from outside and organs from inside.
Self-Care Ideas for the soul
1. Develop intimacy with your own self. Look at the mirror and be honest. Have a frank and a true conversation with the one in the mirror.
2. Make one stranger be your friend for a while. Share a common problem and discuss the issue.
3. Settle down where you are. Develop self-care ideas and find around your seating place for one new, surprising, and beautiful object around that will instantly calm down your soul.
4. Take your pet for a walk. Let your soul talk to its soul. Spend moments together and share a chat to drift your thoughts towards positivity.
5. Help a person cross the road and help an elderly person carry some luggage. Pick up a courier for a neighbor. Help a colleague by sharing your skills and talent in his project.
6. Set the alarm for a specific time. As the alarm buzzes, just give away with whatever you are doing and check what you are exactly feeling.
7. Invite in your anxieties and worries by encouraging self-care ideas. Now, write them down on a piece of paper. Burn the paper to ashes, thereby burning your worries.
8. Practice writing a diary note every night before you suspend for the day. Note down all the happenings of the day, including your saving and spending.
9. Choose your best buddy of the day. You might have reaped bundles of positivity today, by spending time with someone unique and special to you. Recollect those thoughts and moments.
10. Spend time in a public park and look at the greenery around. Observe what different sets of people are doing to maintain fitness levels. See how the kids are playing, and squirrels are roaming around without fear. Look at the water fountains and relax.
Win your day
Overall, without spending time to take care of yourself, you cannot take care of your family, loved ones, friends, and surroundings. You may be healthy today because of which all your dependent members are healthy too.
But once things turn upside down, it will take a lifetime to regain your arena back. Hence, choose to spend time every day for yourself by adopting the techniques stated above. Employing them, you lead a better life and extend a better standard of living to your loved ones too.
Practice self-love to believe in yourself. You love yourself and consider to be a valuable and commendable person. You have a positive opinion and judgment in your own self. You believe in self-confidence and set a place for self in this vicious world.Compliment yourself. Congratulate and applaud for your merits. Console if need be. But respect yourself and love more day after day. You will certainly meet, the better you in no time.You are the best person to take care of yourself. By caring for yourself, you also care for the world around you. Because your thoughts and actions are...
“Self-Care is so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow.” – Eleanor Brown On that note, we like to share about 160 self-care activities to add to your self-care plan. We are sure it is interesting and worthwhile. Emotional Self-Care Activities: 1. How you talk to yourself matters. Don’t give voice to your negative inner-critic. 2. Make peace with your past. Let nothing or anyone break you with your past. There is no better emotional self-care activity for you than this. 3. Be authentic and be genuine in your...
Self-care wheel comprises of all the entire gamut of activities that spin about loving yourself. Just like you do any other job in life to take care of the wellbeing of your family, self-care activities are also wellness jobs in themselves. Self-care routine, therefore, demands your care and concern. It needs your conscious and voluntary involvement and your true self in delivering with utmost decency and righteousness. It is a general human tendency that this quote on life is believed to be true when it comes to self-care assessment. The first half of our life is ruined by our parents...
Life has been defined by various personalities in numerous ways. Life to each is different because everybody is unique in this world. Therefore, don’t just get carried away by the definitions posted by many on life. Define your life in your way, depending on the direction it takes you. Erase the clutter of feeling not good enough, and now with a clear mindset, check what is stopping you in progressing in life. By listing down the reasons for not feeling good, you can work out how to overcome them.Here are a couple of ways in which you can uplift your...
5 Best Self-Care Tips and Practices
“Self-Care is giving the world the best of you, instead of what’s left of you.” – Katie Reed.
On that note, we like to share with you all 5 best self-care tips and practices connected to practical life. They will give a clear understanding of what self-care is and how to better take care of yourself.
Let us begin understanding the self-care.
1. Treat yourself Responsibly:
Treating yourself sensibly and maturely is the best self-care tip we recommend.
So, what is good self-care?
Is doing whatever I feel is good for me is self-care?
I can do whatever I want?
Here’s the right answer.
Good Self-care is:
◉ Getting rid of things that do no good for you physically and mentally.
◉ Getting rid of things that don’t take you forward in life.
◉ Removing habits an behaviors that put you down from achieving what you want
◉ Offering self-compassion.
◉ Accepting yourself for who you are.
◉ Inculcating habits and behaviors that build you physically and mentally.
◉ To keep learning. To gain knowledge.
◉ To accept things that you cannot change.
◉ To go with the flow
Realize that Self-care is not being irresponsible. It is not about removing uncomfortable truths that you have to face. It is not about being in a self-made bubble.
And surely, self-care is not about justifying everything you feel is right.
Kindly remember to draw a line between ‘being responsible’ and ‘knowing the irresponsible behaviors’ you should avoid in the name of self-care.
2. Learn to Say ‘No.’
The best self-care idea to start with is by learning to say ‘No’ when you have to.
Say No, when people demand more from you.
Say ‘No’ when you feel ‘it’s not right’ despite external pressures.
Use words like ‘I will get back to you,’ ‘can I contact you shortly.’ Think it over. It is okay to say ‘no’ when you don’t feel like doing it.
Save positive energy, good health, good relationships, loyalty, honesty, moral strength, courage, and all nurturing things in life.
Save some money for yourself. Some money for your own will give you a sense of confidence and comfort.
Save some personal time in a day to do things you like and enjoy.
Save good people, you come across in your life.
4. Follow the Ten rules of IKIGAI:
The Ten Rules of IKIGAI are the best self-care ideas to try every day. They are:
◆ Stay active; don’t retire
Keep yourself active physically and mentally. Don’t give up on life. Don’t give up your mental strength because of negative people and everyday hustle.
◆ Take it slow
Take life slowly. We need not rush in the name of comparison and competing. The slow pace will take us so far.
◆ Don’t fill your stomach.
Eat only when you are hungry. Eat light. Longer life means eating light.
◆ Surround yourself with good friends
Your true friends are the best people to share your life with, right?
Earn good friends in life. Cherish them.
◆ Get in shape for your next birthday:
It applies to your body and for your mind.
Birthday is a new beginning, right?
Why not start it in good shape?
Get in shape by bringing healthy eating and some exercise routines daily. Get your mind in place by bringing positive habits.
The best self-care idea costs nothing. All you have to do is SMILE and nothing else. A cheerful attitude can tackle everything our life throws.
◆ Reconnect with nature
Connecting nature is a wonderful way of self-care and therapy too. Spend some time every day in silence, admiring nature.
◆ Give thanks
Give thanks for everything you have. And say thanks to all the good things you are about to receive.
◆ Live in the moment
If you ask How to better take care of yourself, ‘Live in the moment’ and ‘Live the moment’ is the best answer we could find.
We think you agree too!
◆ Follow your IKIGAI
Your IKIGAI is your passion and the fire inside you. It keeps you up. Follow that passion in life. Pursue that dream.
Everyone has their own IKIGAI. So do you. Find it. It is something that will make you happy, creative, kinder, stronger, and successful.
The ten rules of IKIGAI cover all self-care practices we need for life. It is up to us to take it in our life and follow it.
5. Other Best Self-care Tips and Practices:
Here are self-care practices to cope with everyday wear and tear like anger, sadness, loneliness, etc.
Self-Care tips when you feel sad:
Have you noticed how you look for something extra though you have all the positive things around when you are sad?
That is your mind and body looking for some self-care and self-compassion from you.
To return to a positive space again, you can follow some self-care ideas like:
✔︎ Watch feel-good, light-hearted movies, rom-com, sitcoms, etc.
✔︎ Listen to your favorite musicals, artist plays, concert music, or any genre of your choice, etc.
✔︎ Get comfort food. Buy some nice dessert.
✔︎ Write. Write down what happened, what made you sad, and what you can do to overcome it in your terms.
✔︎ Dress up, go for a walk, and do window shopping.
✔︎ Try any Pinterest Idea. Pinterest has tons of wonderful feeds that you can browse through to pass some time.
✔︎ Browse through wonderful Instagram feeds that have cheery, happy vibes like cake baking, cute animals, good dressing, lifestyle, etc. it will help you get your mind off the sad feeling.
✔︎ Make yourself a nice coffee and start a novel.
✔︎ You can buy books, dresses, or something that’s been in your wishlist.
✔︎ You can water your plants. Play with your pet.
Self-care tips when you feel lonely:
Psychologically, the need to follow good self-care practices becomes predominant when an individual is staying alone or mentally feeling lonely.
Few self-care ideas are:
❁ Grow plants.
❁ Read your favorite novel again or start a new one.
❁ Every day call someone you like. A friend, a family member, or a relative you are close with. Engage in a hearty conversation. You will become light and not alone.
❁ You will never feel lonely with a hobby.
❁ You can journal. Paint. Try beginners watercolor arts.
❁ Try enjoying your own company. It’s good.
❁ Engage in group activities like volunteering, nature-watching, book-clubs, etc.
❁ You can learn a new language, new skills, train in any physical pursuits like trekking, camping, etc.
❁ Travel. You can do local sight-seeing, visit different cafes, libraries, etc.
Self-Care practices when you feel angry and worried:
★ Go for a walk.
★ Water a plant. It seems silly, but when you see a plant and water it, all your anger will subside. Try it.
★ Excuse yourself and remove yourself from the situation that is hiking your anger quotient.
★ Write Jot down the rage and anger, you are experiencing in words. It will prevent you from taking wrong judgments, utter harsh words, etc.
★ You can scream if you want somewhere in a safe space.
★ Call your best friend and let it all out.
★ Practice to shut your mind and control the words. It can be hard in the beginning, but if you keep practicing, you can do it.
By doing any self-care practices and losing some time in it, you clear your mind. You will get rid of anger, sadness, and worry temporarily. The calmness you experience will create a better headspace to deal with troubling issues.
To answer your question of how to better take care of yourself, we have shared 5 best self-care tips and practices for you all. We are in good hope that it is useful.