You might be a traditional book reader who is fond of an attitude to turn the page and do the work. This is what most companies follow when they have to train a new joiner. Besides this aspect, you, as a reader, would want to smell the fragrance that comes out of flipping the pages, feel the touch of the book and listen to the music it plays while moving the pages.
As against this, you could be an eBook reader, either. Prima face, paper books vs. eBooks, whatever the type of exhibit, learn to experience the book's richness by embracing it and aligning yourselves towards a meaningful you.
Books vs. e-Books: the best way to read
Every aspect of this world has both the upside and the downside to it. Similar is the case of paper books vs. eBooks, all of which grab their own share of ups and downs, supported by their exclusive list of reasons posted in the public domain. Few of them have been jotted down below for you to reckon.
ebook Features vs book features
The best free eBooks vs printed books which are preferred now are available for easy access on the web, obviously have their own advantages and disadvantages, just like anything else that is man-made. Listed below are a couple of those to help you understand better.
- Easy to download from the web.
- Easy to search the content or keyword or the main idea presented.
- The artificial intelligence helps you to choose your next book when you are reading a series of eBooks online.
- Once downloaded or even while being online, you can read the book from various devices.
- You can bookmark your favorite and fascinating books for later retrieval.
- eBooks are easy to make notes, mark annotations, etc.
- eBooks give dictionaries and thesaurus as a compliment which you can use for free.
- You can easily navigate on the web links provided within the eBooks, giving you access to vital pieces of information.
- Make you feel smarter in the society where you can kill your waiting time in a queue by quickly reading an eBook on your device.
- They form the perfect information storage system on the go.
- Easy to share or gift someone.
- You will remember for long, the contents read in a print book.
- You become a good reader with the lapse of time.
- They are easy to read, and you will also have the book reading feel.
- You can be motivated towards better sleep.
- You are less likely to get distracted by your surroundings.
- Print books are forever. They never turn obsolete.
- Improves grammar and comprehension skills.
- They make a good collection in your library.
- Print books amplify your reading thrust as you can make incredible notes over it.
Print books vs. e-books: What's the future of reading?
If you analyzing the good side and the bad side of something, it actually means that you are comparing it to something else. Likewise, paper books vs eBooks when compared have their own sparks and grey areas. Print books have made their mark over a century now and still being opted by most readers. Another noteworthy piece of information is that print books are scaling up on sales, even in the present era.
On the other hand, eBooks are worth picking when you compromise with certain factors like the credibility of information, the pirated copies being easily available, etc. As a matter of fact, the book chosen to be read purely depends on the reading choices and preferences, given all the pros and cons of either choice available in the market today.
10 Reasons Why eBooks Are Better Than Print
1.) Download free eBooks vs printed books, which is preferred now. Because, once an eBook is downloaded, it doesn’t cost you a pie more to share it with your friends and family. Such masterpiece eBooks are the best gifts to loved ones without having to spend a penny.
2.) Like many other free kindle eBooks, most ebooks use digital devices, which also provides for annotations. Just use the tools that are made available, and you can highlight or comment on various ideas that are presented in the book using varied colors.
3.) Certain eBooks like Barnes and noble eBooks provide links within them. You can easily click on them to know more about the subject matter. They are more a kind, like a graphic novel. By following the links, you can easily navigate a world of knowledge related to this content and way forward.
4.) eBooks vs printed books, which are preferred now, are highly comfortable as they allow you to increase or decrease the font size, especially the Reddit free eBooks.
5.) When you think from the author’s viewpoint, an amazon free ebook versus paper book opens up a world full of endless opportunities in nature. For an author, it is easy to sell books over the web without any printing costs.
6.) Amazon's free eBooks cost far less than a physical copy. Because their costs do not cover the manufacturing and shipping costs. The overall cost, therefore, is minimal when compared to other startups.
7.) With an eBook vs paper book, you can access a world of information without leaving your desk. Download free eBooks to easily and instantly pick the idea you are searching for even in the eleventh hour.
8.) You can easily pick to read the digital content presented in the book that fits your mood, anywhere, anytime with this gadget in hand.
9.) eBooks vs printed books, which is preferred now, are comparatively easy to choose and read, rather than running through the entire library of physical books you have in store.
10.) Some amazon free eBooks are also listenable. In a sense, if you just plug in your earphones, and begin the book, you will be provided with a reading device that will read the lines for you.
10 Reasons Why print books Are Better Than eBooks
1.) When you have to remember, recollect, and reuse the information read or the knowledge earned, print book vs. eBooks serves better. They help you with being engaged.
2.) You need not download any specific application or a program to read a physical book, like that you do to read a digitally designed eBook.
3.) You escape from reading disorders, ill-health, and irregular sleeping patterns by choosing to read physical books.
4.) If you read a few pages of a print book vs. eBooks like that of the free Kindle eBooks, you will have to open the book right from the cover page. This gives you the chance to see the title and the author and the cover page to all the time, unlike in an eBook, that directly takes you to where you left it last, in which case, you might forget the author or the title of the book that you read.
5.) To read a book, you just need the book. But to read an eBook vs paper book, you have to keep your device battery up and running all the time. Therefore, without the need for an e-reader software or worrying about the software's licensing, you can just keep reading the book in hand.
6.) You can buy and sell back the book that you read in physical form. You can borrow, lend to others, or even donate. Therefore, your thought of lending print book vs. eBooks gives you the utmost satisfaction.
7.) It is easy to move and turn the page forward and backward in a print book. This gives the feel of reading a real book with valuable content.
8.) You cannot bargain if you have to buy an eBook vs paper book. You can negotiate well in purchasing a physical book.
9.) You don’t need to charge the books in physical form. This is one vital reason you can choose to carry the print edition of a book, anywhere without worrying about charging.
10.) When you buy eBooks that you otherwise download for free from the web, you are also prone to downloading viruses or malware software. By purchasing a physical book and reading it, you don’t have to worry about its malfunctioning.
Many things changed from an inscription over a copper tablet, a bark of a tree, to paper with the lapse of time. Now again, with further advancement, the paper also began to roll into electronic form. This resulted in chaos and a massive competition between paper books vs eBooks too. Such old and traditional manuscripts obviously have their own values and trifles also.
Both of them have their share in the bright future. And of course, it goes without saying that eBooks are opted mainly by the younger set of readers, while print books are looked upon by varied audiences of all age groups. Depending on what gives you comfort in reading, the bottom line is that you generally prefer to choose that kind of write-up.
What is ebook?An ebook is a book in a digital form. While you need to pay for most books, few of them are available for free online. Such free eBooks online are certainly unique because they are non-editable and effortless to pass on to other readers.Free eBooks pdf are nothing but the books' soft copies, specially designed to be read over a handheld device. You can read such books on the go. To swiftly turn your waiting time towards productive, you can pick an eBook of your choice and keep reading in the smartphone you use for various other purposes.The...
A book summary is a nutshell, and the short write-up and varied talks about the book in brief. It gives the main points keeping aside the details. It outlines important outcomes of the research work that has gone into the writing of the book.Such reviews usually carry a learned format with them, both the good and the bad sides of the content. They not only give a newer perspective to the hidden text but also pave the way in understanding the pulse of the author and the subject, in general.What is a Book Summary?A book summary is a condensed version...
1. How do eBooks Work?
Technically, eBooks work with a technology called E Ink® with a process called Electrophoresis. Popular eReaders like Amazon Kindle use E Inks.
What do E Inks and Electrophoresis do?
The idea is to give an electronic display of a book from the convenience of a computer screen or any digital screen size. Plus, the user should experience easy readability, portability, and user-friendliness like a paper book. In simple terms, you need a quality eBook reader to make your eBooks work.
Once you have a good eBook reader, you can download thousands of eBooks available from the internet. You have free eBooks for download. Or, you can go for a paid eBook subscription as per your convenience.
To make your work easier, here are the best user-friendly and top-rated eReaders for you.
✥ Amazon Kindle
✥ Cool Reader
✥ Moon + Reader
✥ Barnes & Noble Nook app
✥ Bluefire Reader
Install your preferred apps. Finish the formalities. Enjoy hundreds of eBooks from their digital eBook library to your smartphones, desktops, laptops, tablets.
If you don’t have eBook Reader devices like Kindle, Nook, Sony Reader, Apple Reader, etc. you can install the Reading apps on your preferred personal device.
2. Why are some eBooks so expensive?
EBook pricing depends on different factors.
● eBook publishers or publishing platforms can fix the price.
● With self-published eBooks, the authors will set the prices.
● Based on popularity, no. of downloads, user-reviews, book publishing houses, and who the author is, eBooks can be expensive.
● Pre-Orders (sometimes they are priced low to attract buyers) and New-Releases of eBooks will be expensive similar to paperback and hardcovers of pre-orders and new releases.
● Highly expected eBooks will be expensive initially.
● EBook authors can take control and fix a price higher than ePublishing houses.
● The growing eBook market can also be a reason for the pricing in recent times.
● To make their printing business stays afloat, few eBooks Publishers have raised the price.
Not all eBooks are expensive. You can find thousands of eBooks for low cost or as free downloadable.
3. How to write eBooks?
Planning to write an EBook?
Here are the key steps you need to follow to write a good eBook.
Phase 1: Creating your EBook
● Pick your writing niche.
● Pick what type of eBook you want to write. Do you want it to be a short-story, informative, novel type, Q&A type, education-related, any specific genre, etc.?
● Make a rough structure for your eBook with the topics you like to cover, index page style, things you want to include, etc.
● Once done, find a specific topic. You can select based on your target audience, popular demands, your niche writing area, survey results, Google Analytics, Keyword-popularities, etc.
● You need a great Title to bring in readers. Your Title should have some “wow” factor to it.
● Make sure your content is unique, interactive, and engaging.
● Depending upon the eBook, do your research.
● Read eBooks available in your writing niche. See how they have done it.
● Write your eBook in an easily-understandable and user-friendly style.
● Refer a book and design the Index-Part for your eBook.
● You can include an author page, table of contents, prefaces, back-page description, etc.
● The next important step in writing your eBook is choosing an appropriate format. Preferred eBooks formats are PDF, EPUB, MOBI, PRC, TXT, RTF.
● Your eBook should be compatible with different digital platforms, personal-devices, and eBook readers. Go for a highly-preferred Format like EPUB3.
● Edit your book thoroughly. You can hire professional editors. Or, you can pick a pro editing software’s to work.
● Proofread your work.
● You need an awesome eBook cover design. You can attract more readers. You can give it to graphic designers, or you can do it yourself with the help of Canva, Adobe, or other designing platforms available.
● Use EBook document writing software. You will get access to attractive eBook templates, precise document-editing tools, document conversion facilities, and other enrichments to your manuscript.
● Finally, ready your eBook.
Once your eBook is ready, the next thing you need to do is to make it available to people on the internet. Marketing and Selling your eBook is important for you.
Phase 2: Putting your eBook out to the internet
● Pick a good eBook Publishing platform.
● If you are new to eBooks, then start with the Amazon KDP platform first. They will let you fix your price point and give good sales-returns to you.
● Use social media, personal blog sites, affiliate programs, reviewing panels, discussions, etc. to promote your eBook.
● Make your eBook reachable to your target audience by marketing online and offline.
● The ePublishing platform will offer their hand in promoting and selling your eBooks.
Now you are all set.
If you are new to eBooks, these primary steps will help you write good eBooks with no hassle.
4. What are the best eBooks Subscription services worth looking at?
If you like to have unlimited access to eBook collections, you can check out highly-preferred eBook subscription sites like:
● Scribd–You can have a free trial. Or you can go for the paid version. You can access audiobooks too.
● Kindle Unlimited–It has the largest collection of around 1 million eBooks. Plus, you can access the Audible audiobook service. You can try it for a 30-day free trial. And then you can go for a paid subscription if you like.
● Bookmate– It doesn’t have a free trial. But, if you like to give it a try, they charge you a small fee for a three-month trial period.
● 24Symbols– There is no free trial. But the price is affordable as they charge per year and not a month.
● Kobo Plus– It offers a free trial. And if you like it, you can go for a monthly payment subscription.
These five eBook subscription services are compatible with multiple platforms like iOS, Android, Kindle eBook, Nook, and Mac. And they all give access to thousands of eBooks, online textbooks, eMagazines, etc.
5. How to save my eBook?
You can save eBooks in different formats like Doc, Docx, RTF, pdf.
But, to make your eBook accessible across multiple OS platforms and devices, you have three important formats to look into.
● If your eBook is exclusive for Kindle users–save/convert your eBook as AZW File.
● If you like to give the best user-experience and re-flow to your eBook, go for saving the eBook in the EPUB version. The .ePUB format supports smartphones too. If you ask us, the best option for you is to go for .ePUB versions.
● A common format to save your eBook is PDF. But you will not have rich interactive features.
● Make sure your eBook images are in RGB and not in CMYK.
If you are using ePublishing platforms, you will not have trouble in saving or converting your eBook in the right format. Multi-platform compatibility of eBooks will be easy for you.
If you are working on your eBook offline using offline document creating software, you can save your file first in the usual document format. Then, you can use online eBook conversion sites to do the work.
6. What are the pros and cons of self-publishing eBooks?
Pros of Self-Publishing eBooks:
1. Self-Publishing eBooks are cheaper.
2. You have the sole claim over your eBook idea, eBook creation, and everything in it.
3. The growing eBook market is supporting many self-publishing eBooks to come forward.
4. You can have full control over cover designs, contents, editing, proofreading, etc.
5. There is no control over your creativity.
6. Self-Published eBooks will bring back high royalty rates for you.
7. You have your own deadline, which is great. You can tackle what life throws at you. You can work on your eBook. Publishing houses will give a timeline or timeframe to work.
8. Finding good ePublishing platforms are easy.
9. Reaching hundreds of thousands of people in a day is easy.
10. Traditional book deals can be complex and tedious. But self-publishing eBooks are easier and quicker.
11. The eBook licensing will not have complexities compared to traditional book publishing.
12. You can choose a book editor and a proofreader by yourself.
13. Marketing, promotions and affiliations are up to you. You can choose what works best for your eBook.
Cons of Self-Publishing eBooks:
1. Creating your book is on you. Take up the entire charges waiting to incur. Traditional publishing houses will give book advance for authors.
2. Pay for editors, proofreaders, cover designers from your own pocket.
3. If the eBook doesn’t sell enough, you have to meet the money loss.
4. A high % of people prefer paperback and hardcovers to date.
5. The love for books from traditional publishing houses will never fade.
6. Low-cost self-published eBooks bring the image of low quality and poor author to people.
7. You will not have professional agents to negotiate a good book deal.
8. Promoting and Marketing will be on your shoulders.
9. Sometimes you feel you need an extra shoulder to carry the responsibilities.
10. Your eBook Visibility is an important issue here. It all depends upon algorithms that determine where to put your eBook based on ratings and reviews.
We have analyzed the major pros and cons you find in self-publishing eBooks.
Depending on your work nature, business type, time availability, and other life factors, it is up to you to choose between traditional publishing and self-publishing.
7. What are the Pros and Cons of Long-form content and eBooks for Online Business and Merchants?
There is a considerable increase in implementing a content marketing strategy for online business and among online merchants.
Promoting the business, establishing the brand, showcasing your product, gaining new customers, the increase in sales can work out easily if you have the right content marketing strategy.
The eBooks, long-form-content is the preferred content marketing strategy people take up today.
Let us discuss what the long-form content has in its bag for us.
Pros of Long-form content for online business and Merchants:
● You can use eBooks, blogs, social media to promote your product and brand. It allows online merchants and businesses to boost their sales and reach.
● Long-form content helps your customers get an idea of what you are doing, what values you stand for, and how you are doing your business.
● You can increase your brand credibility with long-form content.
● If you go for long-form-content, you have the advantage of making it interesting for your customers by bringing user-friendly interactive features like images, illustrations, drawings, artworks, etc.
● You can add review forms, testing results, demos, how-to tutorials, FAQ sections, Tips, blog pieces, articles, etc. to your long-form content.
● Making the long-form-content ungated (as free access) can significantly increase your reach.
● Multinational companies, telecommunication service providers, automobile brands, consumer products, and top businesses use long-form content to promote their products, businesses, and services to customers.
● A keyword specific SEO rich long-form-content can bring more user traffic to your online site.
● We can make the technical aspects of your products easy for customers via engaging long-form content.
Cons of Long-Form content for Online Merchants:
● Long-form contents are not smartphones friendly. A lengthy content for the small screen can be a disadvantage.
● Creating long-form-content regularly can be a time-consuming, resource-consuming job.
● The lead generation today finds ungated, free quick access preferable instead of giving your full credentials and contact information to access eBooks.
● Not everyone prefers Long-form content. Some people like to understand things quickly with few pages.
● Even with Infographics, illustrations, and images, long-form-content can seem lengthy.
● You get benefits when you build your content and land it on your website or blog.
Smart long-form content will be an advantage for online merchants and businesses.