If you want to become smart, you have to showcase it either physically or mentally. You express your physical smartness by being clean and tidy and by being well dressed. You express your mental smartness by being clever, intelligent, and showing the presence of mind with your bright and sharp brainpower.
SMART is also alternatively understood to be an acronym as stated below-
S – Specific goals
M – Measurable goals
A – Achievable goals
R – Relevant goals
T – Time-based goals
Keeping all this in mind, you have to understand that by using the simple SMART tool, businesses actually work beyond just the goal-setting parameters and materialize into actionable plans for achieving not just the results desired but also a step forward.
You may be having a general misconception like others that your smartness and intelligence are predetermined basis the hereditary genes. But understand that it isn’t the case. Your brain is unique just like any others’.
And most importantly, there are quite a lot of things that you can do every day to become smarter and smarter. You can master any habit or skill at any stage of your life. Just that, you need to have that will power to do it. However, most ways to improve smartness doesn’t really require that abundance of time and energy and commitment at all.
Listed below are 10 simple things that you can do, rather, you should do, every day, to become smarter.
- Increase your alertness and emotional perception. Follow simple habits like listening to music or playing an instrument. Music is known to mend the mental metabolism. Music increases the plasticity of the brain.
- Read a lot of self-help books, irrespective of the type of book you choose. If you read sufficient literature, you are bound to increase your vocabulary, your comprehension, and also boost the activity of your brain. Reading books that have a fable or a fiction imbibed in them will help you stay sharp, increase your being empathetic, improves your emotional intelligence, and also strengthens your social relationships.
- Having said about reading that alone wouldn’t however suffice. Also, take the time to write what you feel. Put your thoughts onto paper. Your vocabulary, grammar as well as language skills will all develop to such an extent that your mind allows for clearer and better thinking. If you write a lot, it also enhances your ability to absorb information.
- Do a lot of physical activity. If you keep your body healthy, your brain activity also improves. If you exercise regularly, you are also bound to have more clarity of thought and you can also be sure of more new ideas popping up in your brain. The exercises you do not only make you active enough throughout the day but also result in unleashing more energy and staying more focused.
- You are a social animal. If you have to improve yourself, you have to mingle with the people around you. Be more sociable. Engage yourselves in more social interactions and public activities. Doing so will boost your intellectual capabilities and your overall performance.
- Eat healthily and stay fit. If your body is healthy, your mind automatically gets activated, refreshed, and rejuvenated. All these will, in turn, improve your efficiency causing your brain to function better than ever.
- Have a tight sleep. Only if you give the chance for your body to rest better with proper sleep, will your body activate your brain to work better? You will have good memory power in terms of not just storage of information, but also retrieval of the same for later usage.
- Take a step out of your comfort zone. Accept and face challenges in life. Don’t just go by how life takes you through. Be brave to confront difficulties by mastering new skills, in a way that you can attain more capability towards problem-solving.
- Whenever you encounter a new subject, approach it with curiosity. Interrogate and introspect more about it. Expose yourself to different viewpoints and explore beyond your horizons. Understand that from the time you are born, until your last breath, life teaches you one or the other lesson. Involve yourself in that learning curve all along. Stay focused and grow smarter.
- Spread your geographies. Travel to new places. Eat a variety of diets. Talk to strangers. Discover the world around. Try something new. Do things beyond your routine, this will boost your brain and helps you become smarter, apart from assisting you in the development of creative thoughts and ideas in your brain.