Good conversation is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after. — Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
The most difficult part in today's era is to start the conversation; I guess. Many people believe that your first attempt may just give you a kick towards your goal but no, this is not what I think. According to me, it is not always true, even your first move may give you an amazing result!
Nowadays we have many social media apps where you can communicate with any and everyone without worrying about the barriers of boundaries. It is a big achievement, and you must take it as an advantage!
But wait! Are you shy? Do you feel like how to have a conversation?
How to start a conversation over text?
And much more confusion.
Then you have reached the right place!
How to start a conversation with a girl online?
What to text a guy to start a conversation?
How to start a conversation with a boy?
Good conversation topics for texting!
Things to say to start a conversation!
How to start a text conversation?
How to keep a conversation going over text?
How to carry a conversation?
These are some more questions that you may have in your mind.
So, what are you waiting for!! Let us start its discussion.
⭕ BENEFITS TO START THE CONVERSATION
Well, I do not think that you should start any conversation just because you want some sort of benefit from it. You must enjoy doing it! But still, if you need some reasons to start it then I am there for you as always.
1. Generate connectionHaving good friends with you is always a blessing! If you want so then you have to start the conversation. Once you understand how important it is to have good people around you, it will not be difficult for you to talk to new people. Start talking to strangers too, and this will help you to create a connection!
2. Helps in a relationshipAhh...Now, this is something very important!
Believe me, talking and discussing a topic can solve most of your problems related to your relationship. Therefore, it is always better to start the conversation.
3. Exchange information.Well, this is self-explanatory! Do you want me to elaborate on it?
Legends used to say that if you want to learn something or gain knowledge then discuss it with your colleagues.
What is this discussion? This is nothing but conversation! Start it right now if you want to gain information.
4. Define your personality.You might have seen some people who are too shy that they even can not ask for a glass of water. So if you have this problem too, then it is of utmost importance to start a conversation. Because then you will get an advantage to lead a discussion in what manner you want! This will help you to boost your personality.
5. Help you in growingAs I said earlier if you really want to grow then you must have good people around you. With whom you can share your experience and many more. And for this too, you have to start a conversation.
⭕ HOW TO START A CONVERSATIONThe conversation is just like a link that is developed when we communicate with others. And as we talk again and again to the same person that links becomes stronger! It is super easy to start a conversation.
1. Just say it!Sometimes this happens to many of us that we want to talk to a person, but we do not dare to. So my advice is, "just say it!"
What can happen at the worst? They may not talk to you, and they are not talking to you right now either.
Keep it simple, "hi" or a "hello" or a "hey". Gather all the enthusiasm and just say it with a smile on your face.
2. Skip the little conversation!
The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. ~ Dorothy Nevil
Do not waste your time asking how you are? This will create a bad impact. Ask some personal questions. Like "hey, your name is interesting; does it have a story behind it?" Or ask, "how long do you live in this city, do you remember the very first day of this city?"
The answer to these questions will always be unique! Trust me people love to share this info.
3. Find the same pole!Try to talk on a topic that is common to both you and to the one to whom you are talking.
For example, if you say "I am an IAS officer" and the person opposite to you replied "I hate IAS officers, they do not do their work properly" do you feel conversation can go anywhere? No!
Stop making this debate-like situation.
4. Give a different compliment!Trust me this helps a lot. People won't forget you if you compliment them in a unique way. For example, if you go and say Aishwarya Rai Bacchan, a beautiful Bollywood actor from India, that you are beautiful.
Do you think she will react to it? No! Because she heard this, like millions of times a day. So be unique while making a compliment. Like you can say "I like this red polka dress, it really compliments your personality." Believe me, this helps.
5. Ask for people's beliefs or opinions!All of us have an opinion. And everyone wants to share it. So, just go and ask about what people think related to any topic of interest. This is where a real conversation starts. And if you came up here then you are going to achieve your goal. It is important to keep the conversation going.
⭕ RULES OF CONVERSATIONThere are not any get set rules regarding conversation. It depends on you how you carry a discussion.
1. Try not to be too clingy.
2. Try to avoid unnecessary talk.
3. Try to be straightforward.
4. Be honest.
5. Even if you do not agree with what the other person is saying, try to be polite while putting your views.
The right word at the right time will unlock the door to treasures – the wrong one will close it forever. ~ Rasheed Ogunlaru
⭕ CONVERSATIONAL SKILLThe conversation is an adventure. A conversation gives you a whole new personality or a whole new perspective of whatever is going around you. THE MORE YOU COMMUNICATE, THE MORE YOU GET AN IDEA OF THE WORLD.
Every day we met different people maybe an auto driver, a rickshawwala, a grocery shopkeeper, office colleagues, and many more. With these people, we talk daily and build a new connection.
Every one of us has a different ability to deal with any situation. Our conversational skills are not necessarily similar. Some of the common things to be kept in mind are:
1. Be polite
2. Be honest
3. Talk fluently
4. Choose a topic according to the preference of the person you are talking to.
5. Understand the reaction of the opposite person.
⭕ HOW TO CONTINUE A CONVERSATIONThe conversation opens doors to us. We can experience a lot through our conversation. The way we communicate will define our nature as human beings.
To every single person, you are familiar with today was once a stranger to you. Ask some really personal question which people love to talk about.
Do not ask really difficult questions like, "what do you think is the reason behind increasing petrol price in India?" No one would like to answer this! Be generic. Make sure that people around you feel comfortable.
⭕ INTERESTING CONVERSATION TOPICSEvery stranger comes with an opportunity. A new message or a new adventure, if I say. Now it is your job to choose interesting topics. Topics must not be one which you love to discuss but it must be one that will be exciting for the person you are talking to.
Some topics to discuss are:
1. What do you love the most in food?
2. Who is your favorite actor?
3. What do you think about cooking?
4. What do you love to cook?
5. Who kept your name, it is interesting?
6. Are you a coffee person or a tea person?
7. Do you love poetry?
8. Do you like traveling?
9. Which is your favorite place to visit?
10. What are your plans for the future?
......And so on!
You just need the courage to start a conversation!
Just do it!