1.“Eat an elephant” have heard it so many times from our parents, isn’t it? It means to divide and work. Yes, it is true whenever something seems difficult or impossible to try this technique and see the difference.
2. Don’t wait to it immediately: instead of giving up and looking for a good chance or mood to do a particular task, do it quickly. Once ignored, the time never comes this why it is said, whatever you want to do; do it now.
3. Start doing that task you find interesting.
4. Remember, when you avoid work for some other day, you make it difficult for yourself. Because late you are the more you have to finish.
5. Don’t expect too much from yourself in the beginning. No one is born perfect or genius, so set your goal small.
We all procrastinate things when we get so stressed about failing or incomplete task after hard work. But procrastination is really bad if we get into the habit of it. Here are the four ways to help everyone who avoids things for any reason.
1. It is important to learn that you are getting into the habit of it. You might be avoiding things for so many good reasons without knowing that the task is actually important. Find the reason behind why are you procrastinating first to help yourself.
2. Take time because you are a human being and there’s nothing we can do immediately things doesn’t happen suddenly, try and you will make it. Start doing your important tasks first no matter how hard it is divide and work on it.
3. Well; when we are being under observation how fast things get done isn’t it? You can try the same method ask someone to remind you daily it can be your alarm or your friends or anyone.
4. Motivate yourself daily with good thought and see how things get easier. Tell yourself you can do everything and see how easy it is to deal with procrastination.
So many of us get confused about these two words, thinking that they both mean the same thing. It is not here are the difference between the two:
1. Procrastination means ignoring something important for some insignificant task. While the term laziness means complete inactivity, neither doing the important task nor something else.
2. A person shall be called lazy when a particular task is given is declined without a single effort. But when we try but still task cannot be completed, or the task was so hard and we were unable to do so we choose to avoid it is called procrastination.
3. A person who has the habit of procrastination, if explained and force; do the task but a lazy person will always find an excuse.
4. A person who is lazy has no intention of performing any task, while the procrastinator will do something at least.
No matter what the ever is it laziness or the habit of procrastinating they both are bad for our career and future. So stop it before it’s too late and be wise to try my ways to remove these habits.
You are intense to learn about how to stop procrastination, here are 5 effective ways that you must try. We postpone things mostly because we don’t find them interesting or we are not passionate about it. But what if the work needs to be done anyhow in that case these five ways will work effectively.
1. Start focusing on your work, challenge yourself and work with determination. Your working hours must be 25 to 30 minutes.
2. Get distracts very often in your work, make yourself understand that what’s important and beneficial for you.
3. Avoid things you get easily distracted with, it will actually, give you more energy to focus on your work and avoid procrastinating when you’re tired.
4. The perfect task, aiming for perfection in work is the main reason most people start procrastinating. Get your work done whatever the result will be something is better than nothing.
5. Schedule your work, don’t move out for anything without completing them up.
"The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same." -- Colin R. Davis
Almost every one of us has done this, but it is ok to it sometime but if you are into the habit change it. Procrastinating things can be the cause of not getting success in life.
1. We all have done that in life but forgive your mistakes in the past and move ahead promising yourself not to repeat it again.
2. The start is committed to your task.
3. Challenge yourself, like if you complete a task in time you will reward yourself.
4. The best thing to get your work gets done in time is to ask someone to have an eye on you.
5. Divide your task into parts to get it done easily.
6. Try to avoid something that distracts you from your task. Such things as TV programs or social media and people some time if needed.
7. Have an aim for every day. Prepare your list of important things early in the morning or just before you go to sleep. Get them done with procrastinating things up for some other day.
Yes, the habit of postponing our work for some other day is the greatest enemy to our success. It is very important to find out if we are into the habit of procrastination. If yes, overcome it and save your future from leading into the darkness.
Here are the few reasons for procrastinating things up.
# Stop procrastinating your work for some other day if you have started something get it done without any excuses.
# Don’t get yourself overload or you will end up with stress and zero result work is done. Make a timesheet of your daily routine and get succeed.
# We think we have enough time, let it go we will get it done some other day which never comes.
There are so many excuses we can make to postpone our work but to succeed in life one of the most important rules is to do it now. Do what needs to be done in time don’t waste your time, it not late yet be aware before procrastination becomes your enemy to success.
“There nothing that is not possible, the word impossible itself says I’m possible” stop procrastinating thing up before it becomes the part of your habits. Here are the 3 most helping tips to throw procrastination out from your life.
1. Challenge your resistance:
It is important to learn how to win over the resistance. There are so many things we don’t like to do or to exist in our life because we find it difficult. The easiest way to overcome it that we find is procrastinating them. But the right way is to challenge your resistance.
2. Overcome your resistance:
Get professional and prove the evil (resistance) wrong. You might be a student or a business person work hard and overcome your resistance. It will help you STOP procrastinating things up thinking them difficult.
3. Find the art in yourself:
We postpone things up because we find them not interesting and difficult. But always try to find some art in yourself while doing anything and watch the result. Doing things with love and perfection makes everything easy.
We start procrastinating things when we feel there is so much to do or with the fear of not getting our things done perfectly. Here are the 3 steps to help you overcome it.
1. Divide your work:
Break down your work into small parts no matter what it is. You can schedule it up and follow it strictly and see how easy the work gets completed in time. Prepare a chart or write it up somewhere and start working on it.
2. Keep your task small:
Yes because we feel our work very difficult we procrastinate. But if you really want to achieve success in all your work whether it is difficult or easy to keep your task small. Don’t force yourself but don’t get over relaxed as well.
3. Recompense yourself:
This sounds childish, but it will work. Start rewarding yourself for completing your task in time without procrastinating. You will find your work easier and get a cure from your habit of postponing things out thinking them to be difficult.
“Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal.” — Brian Adams
The root cause of procrastination is the fear of failure or success in life. But whatever might be the reason here are the 3 ways to beat them out of our life.
1. Move ahead in life:
Yes most of us procrastinate because we don’t want to move out from the fear of our failure in the past. Moving ahead in life without excuses will be helpful in taking us out of procrastination.
2. Stop being addicted to Social media:
This is the main reason these days for what not only the young generation but even the elders procrastinate their work. Stop it and start thinking about what will be profitable to you in the future and do something good rather than wasting your time on social media.
3. Good is enough if you did it with working hard:
There are so many of us who procrastinate things to do a thing much better and in the end, we have nothing. Don’t forget we are human so whatever you do; do it with your hard work. It’s not important always to do things with perfection, well is enough sometimes.
Procrastination is a process of delaying something without any specific reason. It is a process in which we start finding excuses for not doing something. This is fine if we are doing so just because we are tired, but it can be dangerous if it gets into our habits. One must avoid bringing it into their habit if we want to succeed in our life.
Here are the three different types of procrastination that almost every one of us applies to our life.
1. Anxious procrastination-
We start doing it so when something seems not very easy for us, and we start procrastinating it for some other day, which never comes.
2.“Plenty of time.” procrastination-
We do it, so thinking there’s plenty of time and doesn’t do until the exact time comes, and as a result, we fail.
3. Perfectionist procrastination-
It can be claimed as a good habit of procrastinating but sometimes to give our best in something we end up doing nothing.
All of these habits of procrastinating must be avoided as soon as possible and do what needs to be done in time.
- Forgive yourself for procrastinating in the past.
- Commit to the task.
- Promise yourself a reward.
- Ask someone to check up on you.
- Act as you go.
- Rephrase your internal dialog.
- Minimize distractions.
- Aim to "eat an elephant beetle" first thing, every day!
- Stop punishing yourself for procrastinating.
- Tackle your most important task for 15 minutes.
- Break tasks down into small chunks.
- Start your day with the hardest tasks.
- Give yourself a pep talk for motivation.
- Aim for done over perfect.
- Promise yourself you'll get a reward when it's done.
“Write your goals down in detail and read your list of goals every day. Some goals may entail a list of shorter goals. Losing a lot of weight, for example, should include mini-goals, such as 10-pound milestones. This will keep your subconscious mind focused on what you want step by step.” — Jack Canfield