An employee is expected to be a professional in the workplace. So what are the skills that an individual has to inculcate? Some of these skills include being punctual, leadership skills, time management among others. These skills ensure you are in the spotlight.
Additionally, this will help you in boosting your career options as well. Let us have a look at some professional skills that will improve your life.
1. Public Speaking
Almost every job today requires the skill of public speaking. You may need to give presentations. Besides, you will be expected to speak during meetings. Hence, this is a skill that has high importance. An individual is expected to know how to talk and express well. Your speech should be clear and should have a confident tone.
This is a valuable skill that an individual can possess. It does not matter in which organization you work for. Leadership is an essential skill that helps you to lead a team. There are multiple skills that go along with leadership. For example, if you a leader of a team you need to be accountable. There will be situations where there will be pressure. But in such times, you need to be calm.
3. Time Management
As a professional, you need to handle a variety of tasks. This is where your time management skills come into use. Besides, make sure to never procrastinate. Delaying work in an organization can have negative effects.
Based on five different scales, we can easily understand what a productive workplace looks like.
On a Health Perspective:
1. The workplace should promote and support employee wellbeing and health.
2. A workplace should provide a Safe and Secure Environment.
3. Workplace design should enable employee moments instead of sitting in the same place for hours.
4. Have optimum conditions to bring comfort to workers.
5. Have a clean and tidy environment.
6. Have Access to healthy food and good hydration.
7. Have Safety medical equipment, quick first-aids, and other emergency medical facilities.
1. The workplace should enable employees to do their jobs without unnecessary disturbances.
2. Employees should be able to make use of the office environment for their productivity.
3. A workplace should train and make their employee's competent.
4. Enable good use of office spaces, timings, and other workplace resources.
Effectiveness of a Working environment:
1. Good team dynamics
2. Motivated employees.
3. Good leadership.
4. Good management.
5. Ease and flexible working.
These 5 factors determine workplace effectiveness.
1. The engaging office environment is important for productivity
2. We should make communications from all levels easy and more interactive.
3. Employees should feel engaged.
4. Employees should feel valued, appreciated, and respected.
Giving Back To The employees:
1. A workplace should not always concentrate on harvesting employee efforts/results.
2. The workplace should give back in terms of knowledge, opportunities, and possibilities for employee career growth.
3. We should give employees financial allowances, perks, and benefits.
4. Giving a platform for employees to enhance their skills and talents.
5. A workplace should give different exposures to employees.
In short, we can summarize workplace productivity as:
Up-to-Date operative work environment.
Exposure to knowledge and opportunities.
Competent Human Resources.
Overall Positive work environment.
Flexible and Comfortable Work practices.
Based on all these criteria, workplace productivity can be measured to a good extent.
1. Chance to Grow:
Give a chance for your employees to grow in your workplace. Pave the way for progress. Provide your workforce with possibilities and opportunities to grow overall.
A good growth system is an important internal factor to boost workplace productivity.
2. Equip them with Knowledge:
Provide your employees with excellent knowledge, and top-notch resources. Knowledge is power. It increases productivity levels in the workplace.
3. Platforms to Enrich their Skills:
Train your employees. Help them enrich their skills and talents. Update them with current trends and industry standards.
Workplace freedom is important for employees to stay productive, creative, and motivated.
5. Trust & Respect:
Irrespective of ranks and hierarchy, we should treat every employee in our workplace with respect and trust. Eventually, they feel good and become productive.
6. Give Perks & Benefits:
A little incentive goes a long way for your employees.
No matter how small or big, appreciate your employees and their efforts with perks, financial benefits, coupons, gifts, tokens, and other little gestures now and then.
These are positive internal factors that can drastically enhance workplace productivity.
7. Positive Feedback System:
Express constructive criticism.
Approach your employees privately when it comes to discussing their drawbacks, poor performances and mistakes.
Positive feedback boosts your employee’s morale and productivity.
Give ownership. Make employees feel like they are important. Bring inclusiveness in your workplace to boost productivity.
9. Good Reviewing System
It enables your employees in understanding strength and weakness. How you convey employee's mistakes/negatives also impacts productivity. Keep it positive.
10. Recognize Them
Workplace productivity increases when your employees feel recognized, valued, and appreciated for their efforts.
11. Excellent Team-Building
Good team-building brings like-minded and enthusiastic employees together. Working in teams makes employees share, discuss, analyze, and bring new ideas. Good Teamwork boosts workplace productivity.
There are specific skills that are necessary to help you to achieve your goals. To achieve your goals you need to set the pathway towards it but you need increased productivity which will help you to achieve your goal easily and early.
Here are some of the skills which will help you to be productive:
• Set clear goals.
• Manage your time.
• Get motivation.
• Get rid of motivation killers.
• Use technology responsibly.
• Communicate effectively.
• Develop different skills.
• Set standards.
• Make a to-do list.
There are many skills which will help you to improve your productivity. Avoid distractions and motivation killers. Add some enhancers such as plants, candles, flowers, etc to improve your productivity and will to work.
"The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same." -- Colin R. Davis
Distractions lead us to many failures and incomplete tasks. While working on a task there are two types of distraction:
1. We can control them.
2. We can’t control them.
Distractions are inevitable. You just need to plan to get over them.
Some common forms are distractions are:
• People Interruptions
These are the form of interruptions which you have to avoid for better productivity. To avoid these distractions, turn your notifications off while working. People interruptions are the main thing that you can’t control so you can close the door while working.
Keep your smartphone off while working or control the urge of looking at the smartphone. There are many distractions that you encounter on a daily basis, so you need to plan the form of the distraction and find the smart solution over it.
Try to control those distractions which you can control so that it will be easier to manage the others.
Distractions are the root cause of 50% failures. Many people are focused but get distracted for every smallest stuff. There are many ways which will help you to come out of this. But, you have to control your urge to have good time while working.
While working you may feel to have breaks before you complete tasks but you need to control over those urges.
Here are some of the small but effective tips which will help you to come out of it:
• Pinpoint the cause of distractions.
• Be prepared to work on the task and control the feeling of having breaks in between.
• Give yourself after certain tasks.
• Clean your workspace. This will help you to focus more and avoid any disturbance.
• Set a deadline.
• Become an early bird. Wake up early in the morning and try to complete the work as early as possible but do not rush.
Higher productivity needs better time management and proper motivation. This results in the high outcomes which lead us to the maximum benefits.
Here are some main benefits of higher productivity:
Good credit rating.
Better credit terms.
Follow some of the tips for increasing your productivity and you will get bigger profits for your company as well as an increased salary for an individual.
Here are some tips:
• Manage your time.
• Get the proper motivation.
• Add effective communication skills.
• Prioritize your tasks.
• Manage your work.
• Manage your working time as well as leisure time.
These are some of the common basic tips which will help you to improve your productivity. In this process avoid multi-tasking and try to work in speed.
10 simple but effective strategies for increasing your productivity at work:
1. Track and limit how much time you're spending on tasks.
2. Take regular breaks.
3. Set self-imposed deadlines.
4. Be proactive, not reactive.
5. Just say no to meetings.
Unnecessary meetings always suck your time so try to avoid them.
6. Give-up on the illusion of perfection.
Never run after this illusion, instead, give your 100% and move-on.
7. Quit multitasking.
Avoid multi-tasking as much as possible as it puts a negative effect on your productivity.
8. Minimize interruptions.
To minimize any interruption you should resist the temptation to have longer breaks as well as talking to someone else while working. Fix the schedule and work accordingly.
9. Choose something nice to look at.
Jazz-up your working space with plants, candles, flowers or anything else. These things increase your productivity by 15%.
10. Work in 90-minute intervals.
Have a 10-minute break after every 90-minute. This will boost you up