“Never speak out of anger, never act out of fear, never choose from impatience, but wait... and peace will appear.”
~ Guy Finley
How do you win your day and your life? The answer is simple. Don't speak when you are angry. Don't direct your outcomes in life based on fear. Don't act out of impatience. Wait before you speak. Wait before you decide. When you are angry, don't even wait. Just shut yourself down. Take decisions later. It's winning.
If faced with a difficult the situation in a place, or in your life, do three things. Give a pause. Compose yourself. Wait till you feel a sense of peace and calm in your mind and heart. Finally, do what has to be done. The results will have clarity, and the process will be productive.
Same way, do not allow fear taking you over. Acting out of fear leads to bad outcomes. The entire process becomes unproductive. If you let fear get in your way of life, what you built so far can easily come down.
What happens with impatience? Nothing productive has ever come when you choose from impatience. Tolerance and patience are basic virtues that everyone in life needs. Somehow we forget it on the way and make people's life difficult with our act of impatience.
Don't act out of anger, impatience, or fear. Pause. Bring peace. Finally, act.
Take the variables of money, status, power, success, etc. out of life's equation. What's left is the true winning, i.e., What makes you wonder on the inside is the true victory you need in life.
“Great Leaders are almost always great Simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate, and doubt to offer a solution everybody can understand.”
- Colin Powell
What makes the person a great leader? Many things! One such forte is, Leaders are simplifiers. They don’t obscure things.
Good Leadership is all about making things easier. Also, leadership is about effectively handling complications and create none.
Leaders don’t extend the problems anymore. Getting the right answers will be their key focus. They spend more time in bringing solutions instead of debating and arguing.
Leaders don’t just bring any solution to the table. Their answers will be the best solutions that everyone could agree with. How do they do it? They take everything as a challenge instead of an obstacle. The mind keeps working about ‘What we could do next’ instead of worrying. Leaders think for everyone and what's workable and appropriate for people around them.
Leaders look for valid arguments and debates to understand the challenge. They don’t have time for drags on opinions and discussions.
It’s difficult to give solutions that quickly. To cut through every doubt and argument will need more expertise and experience. Good leaders are best at this. They will be good at giving concise, focused and yet simpler solutions.
The way people handle problems and finding appropriate solutions can showcase their leadership qualities.
For those who want to be a good leader, this quote will help you understand what it takes.
Here are 6 Ways to Develop Your Leadership Skills:
1. Practice discipline: A good leader always work with discipline.
2. Take on more projects: You can become a good leader by taking responsibilities. You have more responsibilities, more work experience you get, and hence you become a good leader.
3. Learn to follow: Follow some great personalities, it will motivate you. While working, follow the rules and regulations which will help you to maintain a good image.
4. Inspire others: Create a personality that people get inspired by you. Though it can be a tough job so you can motivate other people towards their goal direction.
5. Keep learning: learning is a continuous process, so try to master the things you know. Learning new skills and tricks to manage your work can give a great impact on your career.
6. Resolve conflicts: Try to solve problems. Think practically and solve them by mutual understandings.