You need to get rid of the fear of failure first to avoid procrastinating over it.
Here are some tips which will help you to get rid of the fear of failure:
•View the task as a challenge.
•Whenever fear is possible in the task, think as if it is a challenge to you.
•Find some benefits from past failures. There are always some benefits or lessons you get from past experiences. Use those skills or lessons this time and start the task.
•Treat yourself good when you face any failure.
•Failures are the part of life so there are always some lessons hidden which help you to complete the other task more efficiently.
Here are some of the tips which will help you to get rid of the fear of failure. Some tips you may find tough but try it and you will get some absolute results within some days.
Firstly, we do it procrastinate because we are lazy. We procrastinate because we are afraid.
We do it because we are afraid of:
•We think that our efforts are not enough.
•We are not enough.
•If it won’t be perfect, then what’s the use?
There are many reasons though but here are some tips for scheduling your day which will help you to void procrastination:
First of all, set goals.
•Make a good schedule.
•Have some breaks in between which will refresh you in between the work.
•Prioritize your work.
•Reward yourself after every task.
•Make a short to-do list.
•Find a good workplace.
•Give some time to socialize. This will help you to remain fresh and full of energy.
Here are some tips which will help you to destroy procrastination. Give some time to yourself and take enough time to complete the task. Don’t afraid to take small steps as well as they can lead you to complete the whole task with confidence.
The fear of failure is the main reason for procrastination. People often procrastinate as they get afraid of failure in the task given to them. This may lead people to avoid finishing the task.
19 things we can do about it:
2.Work on your habits.
3.Use the tools you like.
4.Review your goals regularly.
5.Make it public.
6.Use a short to-do list.
7.Use the right works.
8.Make it fun.
9.Set a reward for completing a task that resists getting through.
10.Break the work into small and specific tasks.
11.Manage your energy and not your time.
12.Do not afraid to leave.
13.Track your time.
14.Learn to say no.
15.Take a small first step.
1. De-cluttered Workplace
A cluttered workplace can be a big distraction. Too many objects including stationery items, gadgets, or any sorts of clutters on the table can divert your attention. You may find something of interest to you. For instance, if you see a book, you will start flipping pages or start reading things. Your focus changes here. Clean your Workspace before you sit to work. Preferably, look for a secluded and comfortable place to begin your work.
2. Schedule & Prioritize
Scheduling and prioritizing are simple yet effective time-management techniques to overcome procrastination. If you don't know where to start, then start prioritizing your work. It should give you baby-steps to begin a job. Track down little things related to your task. Start with it. Schedule and prioritize based on what's important, and what needs immediate attention. Besides, add the closest task that can be completed. Maintain a little notebook for it.
3. Better Idea than Avoidance
This is a simple technique for your brain. Your brain can sense boredom. If you can sense dis-interest. As a result, it keeps doing the same thing, again and again, i.e. triggers the feeling of procrastination. Feed your brain some positive actionable thoughts. Whenever your brain triggers the thought of 'Let's procrastinate', divert it by giving valid ideas. Don't give the thoughts of 'Postpone' or 'avoid it'.
The three reasons we discussed here are the best time-management techniques to beat the procrastination habit. The reasons can help you with bringing productivity. We hope that these points will help you to think through procrastination and follow simple ways to overcome it.
1. Get Started somewhere
You cannot procrastinate in the long run. The habit leads to a level where your reputation can be at stake. If you don't find anywhere to start, it's fine. The next day, work something out. Analyze the task in hand. See what you can do about it. Instead of postponing, look for ways to begin somewhere. It can be as little work as 'creating a folder for your work. Do simple tasks like writing in your planner, or talking it with your colleagues. Begin somewhere.
2. Take Little Breaks
Celebrate little achievements. Take little personal breaks. If you feel like you are triggered to procrastinate, divert your thoughts. Go out. Listen to music. Get some fresh air. Do things you like. Settle yourself and begin fresh. Don't let the feeling of procrastination take shape.
3. Stop Notifications for a While
Social media, smart-phones, gadgets, and notifications divert the attention highly. Once you are addicted to them, you will automatically procrastinate with the work in hand. Before you begin to work, mute or turn off notifications for a while. It'll help you get started without any disturbance.
4. There's 'No' Perfect time
There is no 'perfect time' to start work. Waiting for "prefect-timing" is one of the common reasons behind procrastination by individuals. Don't wait for a perfect moment or perfect day or perfect time to start your work. Don't use this as an excuse.
1. "Active" in Your Spare Time:
Have a few hours of spare time every day. If you feel like you are procrastinating or very hesitant to start any work, close it as of now. Find some spare time in any part of the day. Work in spare time. The point is, instead of procrastinating, you can try different things in the same area in which you are working. Be active in those spare times with related work. practice this technique.
To better explain the concept, let's see an example.
Example: Imagine yourself as an artist. You keep procrastinating' a project due to lack of inspiration or motivation. Hence it becomes difficult to start the work. To begin with, find a few hours of spare time in any part of the day. Instead of focusing on the project, relax your mind. Take a canvas or journal and start drawing or coloring whatever comes to your mind. By doing so, you get to hit the brain's refresh button. You can get some ideas if you focus on yourself instead of postponing or ignoring it. Over time, you might get a spark to start.
2. Divide the work into little chunks:
Big tasks can be overwhelming. In due time, you start to feel total exhaustion. Likewise, big works bring starting troubles. Eventually, people start to procrastinate. So divide the works into little chunks. Break them into little actionable tasks. Divide tasks according to various categories. For instance: divide them based on importance, time-required, resources needed, etc.
3. 'Short-Time' things first:
Work on things that take short-time. In this way, you will not have difficulty to 'begin' the work. Beginning with short-time projects can be a healthy alternate to avert the feeling of procrastination.
1. Emotional Reasons
Procrastination can also be due to reasons such as boredom, anxiety, stress, fear of failure, unable to cope with changing situations, negative emotions, worries, etc.
2. Starting Trouble
It's another major trigger for procrastination. Whenever people find difficulties in starting, they procrastinate. The trouble of getting started can be due to various reasons. Corresponding reasons could be due to lack of skills, negative or unwanted thoughts, expecting perfection, lack of adequate training, fear of failure, etc.
The main reasons behind procrastination fall under these 11 points. By understanding why you procrastinate, you can easily find ways to overcome it. If you could relate yourself or your procrastination habit to any one of the above reasons, it means you need a game plan. This is where good time management techniques get to save the day.
By under-estimating tasks or anything in case of your personal as well as professional life, you bring in lethargy and careless mind-set. It is one of the major reasons for people procrastinating. Under-estimating habits lead to procrastinating things. It gives the individual a feeling of less-importance. As a result, postponing and ignoring starts to happen.
Likewise, over-estimating habit makes people procrastinate. It quickly brings disinterest. It leads to a feeling of disconnect with the concerned project/work.
3. Poor Time-Management
It leads to procrastination especially with students and young professionals starting with their careers.
4. Unclear about What to Do
While going through this phase where we don't know what to do, we procrastinate. It happens to everyone at some point in life. It applies to your career, personal life, business, studies, etc.
Particularly concerning young people and professionals, 'unclear about what to do' can happen often. To cope with that, people tend to procrastinate.
5. Lack of Interest
With no interest or decreased-interest, people start to procrastinate.
6. Not Motivated
If people start to feel that if the work they do no longer motivates them, they start to procrastinate.
7. Cannot see where this task is headed
People start to procrastinate if they don't see where the work is headed. Similarly, if the work is not beneficial to them they start to ignore it.
8. Voluntarily Delaying
It's the most common reflection of procrastination. People knew that the work has to be done. Instead, they focus on other things. If people show voluntary-delay in their activities it eventually means they are procrastinating for some reason.
Every individual at some point in life gets into the procrastination mode. People tend to procrastinate in their personal, work, education and even in social life too. But, once it crosses a line where you feel your productivity stops, you need to self-analyze. The whole definition of procrastination changes with situations.
If you are young and starting in your career, procrastination can be a big hindrance to your achievements. It applies to everyone in all walks of life.
We need to understand the underlying causes and reasons behind procrastination. By understanding the reasons, you will be better able to handle it.
Is Procrastination a Time-Management Problem?
Not in every situation. Procrastination becomes more like an emotional concept in many places. People tend to procrastinate as a way to cope with and overcome unwanted emotions and thoughts. Individuals tend to procrastinate to reflect their mood, disinterest, etc. Through good time-management techniques, you can effectively handle procrastinating habits.
Does Procrastination come due to Poor Time-Management?
The answer would be No. Poor time-management is not the only reason why people procrastinate. In reality, there are multiple reasons for procrastination. If you understand the reasons you will find clear ways to fit the time-management techniques to beat procrastinating habits.
10 Reasons why people procrastinate
If you don't like it you will not do it: It's simple logic. Most People procrastinate towards things that they don't like. It also applies to things they don't care about anymore.
3. Poor Time-Management
4. Unclear about What to Do
5. Lack of Interest
6. Not Motivated
7. Cannot see where this task is headed
8. Voluntarily Delaying
9. Emotional Reasons
10. Starting Trouble
10 Simple & Effective Time Management Techniques to Beat Procrastination
With a simple and easy to follow time-management techniques, you can easily overcome the procrastination habit.
1. “Active” in Your Spare Time
2. Divide the work into little chunks
3. ‘Short-Time’ things first
4. Get Started somewhere
5. Take Little Breaks
6. Stop Notifications for a While
7. There’s ‘No’ Perfect time
8. De-cluttered Workplace
9. Schedule & Prioritize
10. Better Idea than Avoidance
Procrastination is normal. You don’t have to feel guilty about it. To beat procrastination, allocate a specific time or a few hours in a day to do the things that you like to do. In this way, you won’t be thinking about them while you are set to work seriously. But, the concern here is if we keep procrastinating, it puts a question on our credibility. We need to draw the line somewhere.
Good time-management skills can help you treat procrastinating habits a lot better.
1.“Eat an elephant” have heard it so many times from our parents, isn’t it? It means to divide and work. Yes, it is true whenever something seems difficult or impossible to try this technique and see the difference.
2. Don’t wait to it immediately: instead of giving up and looking for a good chance or mood to do a particular task, do it quickly. Once ignored, the time never comes this why it is said, whatever you want to do; do it now.
3. Start doing that task you find interesting.
4. Remember, when you avoid work for some other day, you make it difficult for yourself. Because late you are the more you have to finish.
5. Don’t expect too much from yourself in the beginning. No one is born perfect or genius, so set your goal small.
We all procrastinate things when we get so stressed about failing or incomplete task after hard work. But procrastination is really bad if we get into the habit of it. Here are the four ways to help everyone who avoids things for any reason.
1. It is important to learn that you are getting into the habit of it. You might be avoiding things for so many good reasons without knowing that the task is actually important. Find the reason behind why are you procrastinating first to help yourself.
2. Take time because you are a human being and there’s nothing we can do immediately things doesn’t happen suddenly, try and you will make it. Start doing your important tasks first no matter how hard it is divide and work on it.
3. Well; when we are being under observation how fast things get done isn’t it? You can try the same method ask someone to remind you daily it can be your alarm or your friends or anyone.
4. Motivate yourself daily with good thought and see how things get easier. Tell yourself you can do everything and see how easy it is to deal with procrastination.
So many of us get confused about these two words, thinking that they both mean the same thing. It is not here are the difference between the two:
1. Procrastination means ignoring something important for some insignificant task. While the term laziness means complete inactivity, neither doing the important task nor something else.
2. A person shall be called lazy when a particular task is given is declined without a single effort. But when we try but still task cannot be completed, or the task was so hard and we were unable to do so we choose to avoid it is called procrastination.
3. A person who has the habit of procrastination, if explained and force; do the task but a lazy person will always find an excuse.
4. A person who is lazy has no intention of performing any task, while the procrastinator will do something at least.
No matter what the ever is it laziness or the habit of procrastinating they both are bad for our career and future. So stop it before it’s too late and be wise to try my ways to remove these habits.
Maintain a good house environment, students get easily distracted by the fights between parents and it might become the reason for avoiding things that shouldn’t be avoided. Find out the reason you have been avoiding things for. Are you afraid of something? Maybe you are disorganized and can’t find where to start from? As soon as you identify the reason behind something you can find a solution to it and change things.
Do it today itself. Everyone, the most organized people sometimes procrastinate things. It is really a very bad thing to fall for, sometimes the common procrastination can have a detrimental impact on your life. Here are the 5 most effective ways to cope with procrastination.
Create your working list, divide the work in order from the beginning. Get started from where you feel comfortable. Pay attention to the task as per your schedule. Turn everything off that you thing might distract you from your task. Such things are mobile, TV or any social media.
Every individual has a set of priorities in life and his entire life centers around it. The basic priorities can be any one or more of the following, Name, Fame or Popularity, Money, Power, Family and/or Love.
Procrastination results in failure. Students must know that avoiding studies may lead their future into obscurity. Here are 6 effective tips for every parent to follow to help their kids stop procrastination.
1. Keep things that you feel can distract them from studying, it can be anything.
2. Maintain a good house environment, students get easily distracted by the fights between parents and it might become the reason for avoiding things that shouldn’t be avoided.
3. Set a time table for their study and everything else, so that it’s used only for that purpose and nothing else.
4. Diet: yes it is the most important thing that every parent must look after. Good and a portion of healthy food with some exercise helps the student stay focused on their studies. It reduces the chance of procrastination.
5. Don’t stress them too much, it may distract them and students lose their interest in studies. As a result, they postpone things very easily.
6. Parents can sit with their kids, motivate them to work hard so that they don’t get tired while studying and procrastinate.
1. Music are not just loved b people, it has the power to boost our brain. Listen to the song that you feel will motivate you.
2. Find out the reason you have been avoiding things for. Are you afraid of something? Maybe you are disorganized and can’t find where to start from? As soon as you identify the reason behind something you can find a solution to it and change things.
3. Prepare your do-list but don’t just add anything. Add things much important and you think is good for your future. Just delete the things out fully because the main reason behind procrastination is too many works to do.
4. Bet with someone, ask somebody to watch your task out. These things can be really helpful to beat procrastination. Betting with someone fills us with encouragement and we are more likely to do the task with enthusiasm.
5. Another way to motivate ourselves for any task is to make it fun and not a burden. Reward yourself with something when a particular task is completed, you can complete your task with someone. Make your work fun to avoid procrastination.
1. The key point to overcome procrastination is the focus, start from just one thing you have been avoiding.
2. Don’t stir or avoid things for some other day, if you have a task to complete, do it today itself.
3. Once you identify a task, start it and focus on it for at least five minutes. It’s scientifically proven that once we start on something, it’s much more likely to finish it up.
4. Give yourself a short period of breaks in between to relax so that you don’t get bored and tired. Do a power hour; it helps us stay focused on all the distractions.
5. Forgive yourself and move ahead in life. It’s said that the more you forgive yourself, the more you can beat your current procrastination.
There is no such way as I have mentioned before to overcome procrastination so, don’t wait for a miracle. Do what you feel should be done and seems important and profitable to you.
Procrastination is not something that we do eloquently, it is something we get into the habit very slowly. But once it becomes the habit it can actually be very harmful to our future.
We postpone things for our pleasure and sometimes just because we have the fear of the failure. Without knowing that it’s harmful and can affect our dream or an important task.
If you are here looking for a way to stop procrastination I must ask you to stop wasting your time. There is no such thing that will help you decide what is good for you. You yourself must be wise enough and do what you think should be done for your betterment.
There are so many ways to stop it so but the most effective way to stop procrastination is to do your work. Be wise and stop reading articles on these things and get into your work.
Everyone, the most organized people sometimes procrastinate things. It is really a very bad thing to fall for, sometimes the common procrastination can have a detrimental impact on your life. Here are the 5 most effective ways to cope with procrastination.
1. Learn to deal with your fear, if you are afraid of success because you secretly believe that you don't deserve it learn how to overcome your fear rather than procrastinating things up.
2. Make your to-do list, time management is very important in life schedule a list of your important work and get it done in time.
3. Create your working list, divide the work in order from the beginning. Get started from where you feel comfortable.
4. Pay attention to your thought, must be able to recognize when you are about to procrastinate things. It helps you win over the temptation of procrastination.
5. Pay attention to the task as per your schedule. Turn everything off that you thing might distract you from your task. Such things are mobile, TV or any social media.
The list of productivity tips is as given below:
1.Rewrite your to-do list.
2.Try to meet your deadlines.
3.Make a schedule.
4.Try easy tasks first.
5.Slowly try to hit hard tasks.
6.Improve your estimates.
7.Expect less at first.
8.Learn to say no.
9.List the most three important tasks of the day.
10.Be on time.
11.Set a time for being on social media.
15.Value your leisure and work time equally.
These are 15 important and easy productivity tips that will help you to overcome procrastination. Try to follow at least 10 of them daily and see the results within few days.