I have asked at least ten students from different levels why they want to succeed in their studies. Most answered that it was the pressing globalization and the kind of working system that strives them to succeed. Gone were the days of compliant and obedient workers, so they must be aggressive to push themselves to advance in knowledge and skills.
So I followed my question with what inspires them to study hard. And here are the six summarized factors that drive them to success.
1. Disposition and Commitment. Pursuing success is like entering a battlefield. You must be ready and committed to surpassing the struggle; hence your motivation must not stop on a single victory or defeat.
2. Perseverance. Don't quit easily. Either you lose now or be victorious forever.
3. Strong willpower. Restrain yourself from distractions and resolve the obstacle with firmness.
4. Engagement. Engage yourself in any active and experiential learning to increase your motivation and focus.
5. Powerhouse. Strive to lead an organization to influence people as you lay the groundwork of your future in leadership. However, manage your time properly as success is achieved after careful planning.
6. Lastly, have faith in yourself. You can. You will.