Well, the answer to that is simple, anxiety is mostly due to stress, the moment you remove that excess stress from yourself, and you will automatically conquer your anxiety.
36 Tips for overcoming the fear of change at the workplace
1. ACKNOWLEDGE THE FEAR
2. ACCEPT THE CHANGE
3. UNDERSTAND YOUR FEELING
5. STAY POSITIVE
6. EMBRACE THE CHANGE
7. INDULGE IN SOME OTHER ACTIVITY
8. TAKE A BREAK
10. GET INVOLVED IN THE CHANGE
11. TAKE PART IN OFFICE ACTIVITIES
12 SPEND TIME WITH FAMILY
13. INDULGE IN A HOBBY
15. EAT HEALTHILY
16. BE FLEXIBLE
17. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
18. SEEK PROFESSIONAL ADVICE
19. PACE YOURSELF
20. DON’T OVER EXPECT
21. DESIGNATE WORRY TIME
22. DON’T OVERTHINK
23. TAKE DEEP BREATHS
24. SAY IT OUT IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR
25. ADOPT A DOG
26. GET IN TOUCH WITH MOTHER NATURE
27. LISTEN TO SLOW MUSIC
28. MAINTAIN A JOURNAL
29. LAUGH IT OUT LOUD
30. SEEK SPIRITUAL ADVICE
31. VISIT YOUR HAPPY PLACE
32. TREAT YOURSELF WITH YOUR FAVORITE FOOD
33. EXPRESS IT OUT
34. TAKE A POWER NAP
35. DRINK COLD WATER
36. LEARN FROM YOUR PAST
When faced with trouble, it is good to find the courage to act over the matter. It gives a better result in these situations.
ANXIETY TO STAND UP FOR SOMETHING YOU BELIEVE IN.
Even though it might mean rejection, ridicule, or physical harm, face the person who causes you anxiety. Nothing will be resolved if you keep hiding. Voice out your ideas. You'll never know its worth until you voice out them out.
Do you feel depressed because of someone? It takes courage to air what's in our heart but opening up communication to the other end helps ease the hurt feeling inside.
It also takes courage to defend someone who is considered unpopular or unacceptable in our society but who knows, you're courage can bridge him and open the gate for his approval.
BEING AGAINST THE NORM
Being different and going against the norm takes courage for someone who wants change. This is so true in politics. But if you want to achieve progress and development, be fearless to be transparent and stand up for what you think is good for all especially for the silver lining.
Living is nice despite some chaos that we face 365 days. Giving is part of living whereas your happiness.
I would like to share the 10 gifts you can give to humankind by Charles R. Swindoll:
1. Mend a quarrel.
2. Seek out a forgotten friend.
3. Hug someone tightly and whisper, "I love you so."
4. Forgive an enemy.
5. Be gentle and patient with an angry person.
6. Express appreciation.
7. Gladden the heart of a child.
8. Find the time to keep a promise.
9. Make or bake something for someone else. Anonymously.
10. Speak kindly to a stranger.
I am sure you can afford to give all these gifts to anyone who comes across your path.
Living a happy, successful life is easy if you can show how generous your heart is.
A natural disaster is one culprit to have a happy, successful life. It wrecks not only our life but also our property. It comes unexpectedly, so I am sharing the 12 ways to prepare for you and your family's safety.
Sign up for Alerts and Warnings.
Make a plan with your family.
Save for a Rainy Day.
Practice emergency drills.
Test a family communication plan.
Plan with your neighbors.
Make your home safer.
Know evacuation routes.
Assemble or update supplies.
Get involved in your community.
Document and Insure property.
Always remember to update yourself with the alerts and warnings via your cellphone. Stay updated with severe weather alerts from your National Weather System Station.
There are a number of positive lifestyle factors that can encourage good health if you want to live a long and healthy life. Making the right choices related to diet, activity, and sleep can reduce your health risks. Some of the factors of good health are:
Eating a well-balanced diet: Diet plays an important role in maintaining good health. The quality of the food we eat and the nutrients it contains determines whether we simply survive or thrive
Regular Physical Activity: The key to overcome our lazy lifestyles is doing more physical activity, by sitting less, standing and walking more, housework, and gardening, and finding opportunities to move whenever possible.
Getting an adequate amount of sleep: Scientists told us several times that people need 7 to 8 hours of sleep to function properly. Yet many of us are now getting less than 6 hours of sleep every night. Not getting enough sleep is linked with every disease from obesity to diabetes to autoimmune disease to Alzheimer’s.
Maintaining a healthy body weight: Obesity is related to a shorter lifespan and it also increases the risk of many other chronic diseases. A normal range of body mass index is between 19 and 24.
Are you wondering can pets help you in improving your mental condition or health? Will pets help you in socializing or interacting with other people? Yes, they can. Pets can help its owner in many ways, especially dogs as known as “Best Friend of Human Beings”. Pets can help you in improving mental health, improves health, and help you socialize.
There are a lot of activities that add up in your daily routine when you keep a dog, that maintains your blood pressure and keeps your heart healthy like walking and playing with your dog etc, which ultimately improves your health.
When you keep a pet, it helps you a lot in; releasing your stress, removing tension, and filling up loneliness, etc which are some of the most common factors that cause mental illness. When you play with your pet after a whole day of stress and tension from work.
Pets open a lot of new opportunities for you to meet people and make friends. You are most likely to meet with a lot of people when you are walking with your pet or playing, as pets usually attract people.
Do you ever wonder why when you are with friends, you have this good feeling inside you that makes you smile and makes you want to be with them for a bit longer of time?
YES, we can really find real happiness with our friend. Here's how to BOOST your everlasting friendship.
Do activities that are fun.
“A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.”
- Arnold H. Glasgow
Explore new interests and hobbies.
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ” What! You too? I thought I was the only one?”
- C.S. Lewis
Paste your pictures together in a scrapbook.
This idea is for you to have a creative time with your friends. Selecting pictures together to post in your slam book develops friendship even better because you reminisce each and every detail in the picture. At the same way, you are fostering growth in creativity by pasting the selected pictures
Being an entrepreneur is as hard as being a leader. Below are 25 traits an entrepreneur must have to successfully lead his empire.
5. GOOD HEALTH
8. SOUND JUDGEMENT
11. RISK TAKER
16, PATIENT YET IMPATIENT
Which of these qualities do you have? It's okay if you only have three or a few of them. Now, here's how to improve your personality to make you succeed in your leadership.
First, PRACTICE DISCIPLINE. People will judge you by the amount of discipline you put in your work.
Second, DON'T BE AFRAID TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. No matter how menial it is, take responsibility.
Third, LEARN TO FOLLOW. Anyway, a good leader is a good follower.
Fourth, DEVELOP SITUATIONAL AWARENESS. Learn to foresee what will happen and plan ahead to obstruct the problem.
Last but not least, EMPOWER YOUR TEAMMATES. Be inspired and show examples through yourself to keep the fire blazing.
Meriam Webster defines enthusiasm as something inspiring zeal or fervor. Because inspiration is a positive word innate in good leadership, hence enthusiasm is a trait that a successful entrepreneur must possess.
How do we promote enthusiasm in entrepreneurship and leadership? Below are some important advice to boost your enthusiasm and spread them in the business.
1. Have an inspiring purpose. A successful entrepreneur instills first the vision, mission, and goals of the company above all tasks hence making them involve and engage in planning to reach their shared vision. This purpose keeps them motivated and enthusiastic.
2. Acknowledge your work and of others. There's no harm to praise every good deed your fellow employees did. Much more if you are the boss! People respect you more if they know you appreciate their works.
3. Become an advocate. Enthusiasm can be exemplified by being an advocate of something within the workplace.
4. Help everyone to improve. Hand-in-hand guidance motivates an employee to improve himself.
5. Open communication channels so people can reach you out and you to them.
6. Promote teamwork and collaboration among your team members.
7. Deal with demotivators as soon as possible.
Paul Valery quoted judgment this way: "Our judgment judges us, and nothing reveals us, exposes our weaknesses, more ingeniously than the attitude of pronouncing upon our fellows" while Mark Twain says "You cannot depend on your judgment when your imagination is out of focus."
This is all true because judgment plays a critical role in successful leadership. Before we give tips on how to improve your judgment, which you may use to your path of discovering success, let us define first what judgment is. Sigma Assessment Systems.com defines judgment as similar to air traffic the controller that regulates how you navigate challenging situations, and whether you dial up or dial down on a dimension to arrive at an effective decision.
Hence, to improve your judgment, follow these tips:
1. Reminisce when you last made a judgment. Does it serve you well? Acceptance is the key to successful judgment. Acknowledge your ability to judge before you can fix something else.
2. Avoid flip-flopping. Stick to what you said.
3. Never judge someone as less to make yourself feel like more.
4. Consult a senior first of how he sees your opinion before you make your potential judgment.
Here are some thoughts from known people about optimism which we can carry in our heart to motivate ourselves to become a successful entrepreneur.
"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." -- Helen Keller
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sail." --William Arthur Ward
"Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you." -- Mary Lou Retton
Below are some simple ways to boost our OPTIMISM:
1. Think of your positive self and imagine a vivid picture of you winning or succeeding in something you really desire. Reconsider your goals and dreams and think that everything works for the best.
2. Create something to look forward to. Think of a pleasurable experience that you want to have tomorrow.
3. Reminisce a happy memory.
4. Listen to sentimental music at least for five minutes to boost your inner soul.
5. Learn to shift your mental focus.
6. Avoid fortune-telling and negative predictions.
7. Train your mind to look for a silver lining.
8. Try not to dwell on the past.
- Focus on your passions.
- Think positively.
- Slow down the speed of your emotions.
- Set goals high and monitor progress instead of specific results.
- Make sure you can commit.
- Don't ever give up—being true to yourself.
- Make no excuses.
- Surround yourself with the right people.
- Go to bed early.
- Turn off your electronics before you go to bed.
- Wake up to sunlight—even if it's artificial.
- Lay off the booze.
- Wake up at the same time every day.
- Get the coffee brewing before you get up.
- Actually set aside enough time to sleep.
- Keep your bedroom dark, quiet, and cool.
- Let the sunshine in.
- Seek out the sun with a morning workout.
- Follow a calming bedtime routine.
- Include meditation or yoga in that bedtime routine.
- Reduce your stress overall.
- Use the power of scent.
- In short, being a proactive person is a mix of hustle and problem-solving. I have broken it down into eight key points.
- It's All About You.
- Be Solution-Focused.
- Be Accountable.
- Use “SMART” Goals.
- Make Your Own Luck.
- Be Consistent.
- Find the Right People.
1. Know what's important
2. Visualize your perfect day
3. Say no to extra commitments
4. Limit tasks
5. Carve out un-distraction time
6. Slow down
7. Mindfully single-task
8. Batch smaller tasks, then let go
9. Create space between
- Practice mindfulness of your feelings and self talk.
- Be accepting of your mood.
- Learn what puts you in a positive mood.
- Find encouragement.
- Be mindful when you miss a couple days.
- Take small positive steps.
- Be forgiving.
- Find joy in every step.
- Set time aside. Take time to say thank you and don't put it an afterthought on doing something else.
- Be specific. Extend you thanks and mention what you're thankful for.
- Lend an ear. Always be ready to listen to a colleague and to help him.
- Repay the favor.
- Give a toast.
- Keep Track Of The Small Things.
- Thank Someone For The Small Things.
- Compliment Someone For The Small Things.
- Appreciate Yourself For The Small Things.
- Live in the Moment And Appreciate The Little Things.
- Enjoy the little things at home.
KNOW YOUR CAPABILITIES:
Self-discipline is not as easy as it sounds. If it has been, then everybody would have been a self-disciplined person.
It sometimes comes with discomfort and a restrictive life. Maybe at a point, you will ask yourself why you are doing this to yourself.
It is your inner strength and willpower that will help you keep going. It is vital for dealing with the affairs of daily life and for the achievement of goals.
When you have a difficult discussion with your boss about a particular topic, and you don’t want to say anything inappropriate in the meeting, plan what you will say in advance. Try to schedule the meeting at the beginning of the day when you have your patience level high.