Taking the following steps can help you grow in self-knowledge, be authentic, and stay true to yourself.
And the more you make these a part of your life, the more you’ll inspire others to do the same.
1. Take responsibility for your own happiness
2. Be honest with yourself
3. Let your heart speak (not just your head)
4. Remove negative influences
5. Spend time alone with yourself (stop avoiding yourself)
6. Stop trying to be what others expect you to be
7. Choose authenticity over-popularity
8. Learn how and when to say “No"
9. Connect with your inner voice
10. Forgive yourself and others
11. Step outside your comfort zone
The best be true to yourself meaning takes into account the value of self-knowledge. If you don’t know the person you are at your core, how can you be true to that person?
And if you’re not true to yourself, you risk the following:
i) Unhappy and/or unhealthy relationships
iv) Declining health and well-being
v) Rapid aging
vi) Self-destructive behavior (what do you have to lose?)
This is not the life you want for yourself or for anyone you care about.
1. Do something
2. Walk tall, smile and look others in the eyes
3. Each day, create one small task to stretch beyond your comfort zone
4. Do something unexpected on purpose to let go of your inhibitions
5. Seek out uncomfortable situations to help you grow
6. Create a good self-image
7. Be positive
8. Speak slowly and distinctly
9. Study your expertise daily
10. Achieve small, easy to attain goals to help you feel successful
11. Change one small habit daily
12. At the end of the day, write down five things you are grateful for
13. Declutter your living and workspace
14. Exercise regularly
15. Try a new path
16. Be nice to others
Self-esteem is one of the most important characteristics that a person needs to have. Self-esteem is the pure form of self-confidence. So you cannot find the proper difference. You need to know that whenever you start to feel confident, your self-esteem will grow automatically.
In brief, we can consider that self-esteem is directly connected with self-value also. When you are confident and giving enough value to yourself, then your self-confidence will start to grow gradually.