“Talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed by hours and hours of work”
- Usain Bolt
You probably now understand what’s it’s all about. Talent is natural. Only with dedicated hours of work, you develop it into a skill. Finding talents can sometimes be hard.
Even harder is to make the talent evolve into a skill. Talent is natural. Skill is the ‘dedication and discipline’ you put in perfecting that talent.
There is a misconception that people with skills are natural. In reality, that’s not true. They are people with talent just like you and me. They become this skilled achiever with hours and hours of work and practice.
Most importantly, they enjoy what they do. By spending their focus, hard work, mind and body into perfecting the talent, they become this skilled achiever whom we celebrate.
Another question that comes to your mind would be ‘Do I have a talent? What is my Talent?’. Most often, things that people enjoy doing is a way to find their talent.
For instance, it could be anything from cooking, studies, researching, writing, drawing, sketching, arts, games, playing, sports, etc. Your favorite hobby is another form of talent.
Talent is from your heart. It comes naturally. Through dedication and hours of practice, training and work, you make this talent a bankable skill. Only by spending your mind and soul in perfecting your talent, the skill you wish to have can be achieved.
Don’t forget this life quote. You become skilled through hours of hard work. Talent is natural. The skill is not.
1. "Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts."
-- Winston S. Churchill
2. "It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation."
-- Herman Melville
3. "The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same."
-- Colin R. Davis
4. "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it."
-- Henry David Thoreau
5. "Opportunities don't happen. You create them."
-- Chris Grosser
6. "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great."
--John D. Rockefeller
7. "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
-- Thomas Jefferson
8. "Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value."
-- Albert Einstein
9. "Never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense."
-- Winston Churchill
10. "Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion."
-- Tony Hsieh
11. "Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."
-- Winston Churchill
12. "If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary."
-- Jim Rohn
13. "All progress takes place outside the comfort zone."
-- Michael John Bobak