10 Best Ways to Write Effective Master To-Do List to organize life much easier
3. Daily To-Do List is Different
4. The Right Time
5. Mention Deadlines
6. Keep Updating
7. Should be Easily Readable
8. Find the Right Medium or Tool
9. The Master to-do list should be Portable
10. Be Specific with your Master To-Do List
The above 10 tips and ideas will help you in terms of organizing your life through a handy Master To-Do List. The list is not specific to anyone. Students, Young professionals who are starting their career, and about everyone can utilize this Master To-Do List idea. It helps you organize, plan, and prioritize your life so that everything becomes easier.
Furthermore, maintaining the list becomes equally important to writing the list. Keep updating the list. Reward yourself now and then if you have completed the tasks. In this way, you will not feel bored with the list.
Prepare your list as specific as possible. Instead of highlighting the tasks or activity, explain them clearly.
Case 1: Arrange Meeting
This is more like an abrupt un-specific list. It is not specific and lacks clarity. Moreover, un-specific task lists will bring more confusion for prioritizing them.
Whereas, if you see another example.
Case 2: Arrange Meeting:
- Fix the time and date for the meeting.
- Send information to everyone early, so they don’t miss the meetings.
- Book the Meeting hall in prior.
- Make sure the catering is taken care of.
- The key-note address should be prepared this week.
- Guests list should be finalized.
Comparatively, Case 2 ranks high for a good list than Case 1. Despite conveying the importance of ‘arranging the meeting,’ case, 1 seems unspecific, whereas case 2 looks clear. With clear and specific data, organizing and prioritizing the task becomes easy.
The tool or medium you prefer for your master to-do list should be highly portable. If it is portable, it can be taken along with you. You can work with them constantly. As a result, you won’t miss a thing.
Whenever you feel like you need to remember anything or note-down key points, the portable nature will help. In the case of no-portability, by the time you come and write, you would have missed a few things.
1. Should be Easily Readable
Many people tend to scribble or maintain the lists poorly. If you look back or refer to the list any time, you will instead feel like something’s missing or left out. Maintain your Master To-Do list as an easily readable one. When you refer to any time, you should be able to grasp and understand things easily.
2. Find the Right Medium or Tool
In order to get maximum utilization, choose the medium wisely for your master list. Most people prefer notebooks, planners, or journals. On the other hand, some people prefer gadgets, e-planners, and other planner apps for convenience. Finding the right tool that suits your needs is important. Functionality is a point that is often overlooked when it comes to planners or notebooks. Be wise in choosing a functional tool for your master to-do list rather than style quotient.
"The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same." -- Colin R. Davis
1. The Right Time
If you are preparing a weekly to-do-list, you can use some right time to be more productive. The best time to do is either Sunday night or Monday morning of the fresh week. By Sunday night, you will be done with the current week. The new week is about to start soon. It’s the right time to prepare the list and write down everything you want to do. Likewise, if you are making a monthly list, do it at the end of the month or the beginning of the new month.
2. Mention Deadlines
Since the master list is not a deadline meeting list, you can include if there’s one. You can mention them whenever you have any deadline to meet.
3. Keep Updating
Don’t stop once you feel like you have prepared the list for the month. Any changes can come in the meantime. Keep adding or change any updates wherever and whenever necessary. In this way, your master list will stay current and active.
Daily To-Do List is Different
In the meantime, don’t confuse a Daily to-do list with that of a Master To-Do list. You can separate the Daily list from the master list easily. For better understanding, let’s see an example.
For Instance: Your Master To-Do List can be like this:
- College Fund
Under these categories, you will have everything related to your tasks, things-to-do, and activities, etc. Whereas, the Daily To-Do List for your will be of something like:
- Make the 9.30 AM Phone call
- The renewal date for Library Membership is today. Do It.
- Conference at 3.00 PM today
- The cafeteria closes by 2.00 PM today. Hurry!
Daily to-do list goes like this. Meanwhile, the ‘Master to-do’ list becomes the big picture here. It covers a wide range of areas associated with your life.
Decide about how you are going to plan your master to-do list. Depending upon week, month, quarterly, half-yearly, or for the whole year, people make choices. The master list aims to organize everything and not miss anything. Keeping that in mind, decide which method will be convenient for you.
To make it easier, let’s see an example format of the Master To-Do List here.
Master To-Do List on Weekly Basis:
- Work on a total of fifteen hours of physical activity this week.
- Increase my Water intake than the previous week.
- Make a doctor’s appointment.
- Re-stock my health supplements.
- Visit the Yoga place and enquire about the classes and timings.
- Set up meetings with the client.
- Plan for brainstorming sessions this week.
- Make sure all orders are dispatched for this week.
- Hire temporary reps for designing.
- Plan a group meeting with employees this week.
- Restock business cards
These are a few examples of a ‘master to-do’ list every week. You can include more areas. You can make them every month.
Segregate the important areas in your life that you like to cover. The essential first step for a good ‘masters to-do’ list is to segregate or divide your essential areas.
For Example: Segregate your major areas like
By segregating, you will find it easy to write down the tasks, things, and other miscellaneous. You will not get any confusion. Furthermore, any key information and important tasks will not be missed.
1. It helps you keep track of everything you do in a day.
2. Having a ‘Master To-Do list’ is an excellent time-management technique. By organizing things and listing out important ones, you start to develop good time-management skills as well.
3. It can be drawn according to your convenience. You can plan for the whole year, every week, every month, and the like depending upon your suitability.
4. A ‘master to-do list’ is a set of tasks and things that don’t have any due-dates or deadlines.
5. You can use it for different areas of your life, such as Health, Kids, Planning Finances, personal, Office, Business, etc.
6. You can easily separate ‘Daily’ to-do tasks from the ‘master’ to-do list.
7. It helps you organize everything you do.
8. Prioritizing the tasks based on various parameters of you becomes very easy with Master To-Do List.
9. A solid Master To-Do List will become a concrete base to start your week/month/year productively.
10. You will identify the task that needs immediate attention.
11. It ensures that you don’t miss any key piece of information or task or activity.
12. Instead of lengthy and vague To-Do lists, and effective ‘Master To-Do’ List will make your entire life easier to organize.
Organizing and prioritizing work increases your productivity. It not only applies to your professional tasks but also with every aspect of your day-to-day activities. Often, handling multiple things in a day can be exhausting. Besides, with so many thoughts running in your mind, you will tend to forget key tasks in hand.
Time-managements will become so difficult as a result of multiple un-organized tasks and works. An effective solution to organize your entire life is to bring a Master To-Do List.
If we could bring everything under one roof, it becomes easy to co-ordinate. You will start to see an easy picture of prioritizing your tasks. Similarly, you will find operative methods to take care of things concerning professional as well as personal day-to-day tasks. A master’s to-do list can make your life much easier.