1. Don’t have too much on your plate
Do what you can do at the stipulated time. If you have more things on your plate, time management gets tough. Share your work when needed. If not, allocate different time-management strategy that suits.
2. Regarding the commitments
Think before you make another commitment. Too many commitments in different stages of in-completion are bad. It is not a good time-management practice.
3. Accept the unexpected
Unexpected things happen all the time. Accept it. Change your time-frame and associated planning accordingly.
4. Don’t focus on the Phone
You need self-control here. Notifications and social-media take a chunky part of our valuable time. Don’t do it often. Have some break time and check your phone. Don’t start and end your day with gadgets, especially social-media.
Hardest or Easiest Task First
It’s an important time-management route. Being Indecisive about your tasks is not the answer. Choose your tasks. It depends upon individuals. For those who have trouble starting or procrastinating, begin with small tasks. Completing it on time gives a confidence boost. For others, you can begin at your convenience. Either way, working and completing on-time is important. Follow this idea. You need to master this particular time-management skill over time.
Mentally prepare for the day
It is important. It helps you start the day with a positive mindset. With a positive and mentally-prepared mindset, you can manage the day and time with confidence. Consequently, if you are not mentally prepared for the day, it can get tough. You won’t feel active. Agitations due to un-preparedness can spread throughout the day. Time gets wasted while productivity becomes less.
Track the time
Track the time you are spending on each task. Analyze your performance for the past week. Notice the ‘time you take’ and the ‘time you spend’ on tasks and other activities. Identify the places where you could save time. It improves your time. This technique is one of the best ways to master your time-management skills.
Identify the mistakes from it
By tracking your past week’s performance, you can identify what went wrong. Try to correct it in the coming new week.
Stay away from Distraction
We understand that one needs personal breaks now and then. You can have healthy distractions such as food-breaks, snack times, music, walk, etc. Make sure that you stay away from distractions that don’t benefit you.
If we want to be successful in our life than time management is very much important but when we start doing the same there are some habits that should be stooped
1. Try not to do everything Depending upon the mood.
2. Not planning properly what you need to do
3. Don't do last minute things
4. Writing the records but not having a second look.
5. Don't keep your schedules very hard for your day.
6. Don't Accept many tasks without planning.
7. Be Active, Don't be lazy.
10. Do everything with perfection.
This can lead you to depression and many severe problems. Poor time management habits can also mix-up your personal and professional timings as well. So it's better to notice these defaults in early time and follow some techniques and make them habit so that you will be able to manage your time better.
"The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same." -- Colin R. Davis
There are many benefits of time management in your professional and personal life. So if you want to get success in your life so value the time. As you know that TIME IS MONEY. It means that if you respect the value of time, then everyone is going to respect you. Don't waste your time on unnecessary things. Make a note for every day so that you can schedule each thing appropriate.
Some benefits which you notice after managing your time:
1. You can deliver work on time.
2. You do not have any stress and tension.
3. You can even save some time to spend with your family and friends.
3. You can have more opportunities and career growth.
4. Your productivity increases.
5. You will be recommended by people.
6. You do not face procrastination.
7. You get enough time for professional as well as personal life.
8. You can make time for revision.
So Start your day with time management and success will come to you.
Time management is a very essential part of every individual’s life. To accomplish our set goal, the specific task or a project, the time plays a great role. A successful person is the one who values the time. So, be wise and always focus on your goal without wasting a single minute of your life.
If to date, you have been ignoring the time you need to change today, the time that is gone will never come back. It’s never too late to correct your mistake, so be wise and start managing the time.
Have you heard that time is precious as gold? Yes, it is very precious, and the one learns to respect the time reaches their goal. No power in the world can stop such a person from being a successful person. Always set your time before planning anything, only then you will get success. A plan without a better time planning and without a goal, never succeed. Want to be one among those billionaires start valuing your time, it’s good to be late than never. Start preparing for the other day always before you go for asleep. This will help you manage your time like nothing else.
If you don’t use time effectively and be a more efficient employee than others, there are thousands of people standing in queues to work in your place.
1. You can easily deliver work on time if you have managed your time well.
2. Being punctual at your work gives your life and career in new growth.
3. Time management is all about planning. If you can plan your time wisely, then you can plan your career smartly too.
4. You become more conscious of your choices.
5. You learn to prioritize your work.
6. If you want to manage your time well, be a more collaborative person. This will make you a perfect team-leader or co-worker.
7. You can’t manage time without a fully active brain. This also means that your brain gets to work more than before when you manage time. This is a great sign for your career.
8. You will get to know the value of time to accomplish your goals. Whatever you have desired for, you learn to make it real now.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK ON YOUR TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS?
- Only a person with good time management skills can accomplish goals in a shorter period.
- This means that a person who has time management skills gets more free time than others. A person who knows the value of time utilizes free time not by just lying in bed, but to learn something new.
- A person gets to spend the hard-earned free time with family and loved ones. This helps to relieve work stress.
- Time management is the crucial point to achieve the goals that will eventually help an individual to be a successful person in the longer run.
"By nature, we tend to speak our own language. Whatever makes us feel loved is what we do for the other person. But if it is not his/her language, it will not mean to them what it means to us". - Gary Chapman, Things I wish I knew before I got married
Time management is a skill that determines how an individual becomes more productive and successful by utilizing time effectively.
We all get 24 hrs a day. Some people make the most out of it. Others keep thinking of doing something. This makes the difference between a happy person and a stressful individual.
Mother Teresa once said, “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”
This is the ultimate truth of life. Especially for those who want to work for themselves. Career-oriented people can easily relate to this quotation. In this fast-paced world, every possibility of success lies today. One time that is most valuable for us is the time we are in, neither yesterday nor tomorrow.
20 common time management mistakes
Here are 20 COMMON MISTAKES people do in their time management journey, and I have shared SOME KICK-ASS METHODS TO RECTIFY THOSE MISTAKES.
1.) TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS
2.) SET PRIORITIES AND GOALS
3.) DON’T PROCRASTINATE
4.) BREAK YOUR TIME
5.) KEEP YOUR DATA SEPARATE
6.) BE AN EXPERT IN TECHNOLOGY
7.) DEVELOP A ROUTINE
8.) SET BOUNDARIES
9.) USE YOUR CALENDAR
10.) STOP MULTITASKING
11.) SHUT YOUR DOOR
12.) BE ORGANIZED
14.) SOCIAL MEDIA ENGAGEMENT
15.) A FEW SECONDS MATTERS
16.) QUESTION YOURSELF
17.) LEARN TO SAY NO
18.) LESS SLEEP
19.) MOST PRODUCTIVE TIME OF DAY
20.) ACTION PLAN
A) The answer is management and innovation. But moreover that the whole concept is standing on the concept of smartness and presence of mind. Yes, that is the real root of smart work. You have to grow your presence of mind because it can give you the right decision at the right moment. It is not certain, that always you can go with your schedule or any planning. Then you have to do it. Even the previous topics like time management and innovation also depend based on the presence of the mind. You have to be active with this.
B) You can not always manage times by pre-planning. When the works come, and at the same time, you need some moments in your personal life, then you need the presence of mind. At that moment, innovation can not make you free from your works, which can only make it shorter than before. You need the presence of mind to handle that situation. A smart worker can manage everything at the same time.
Verbal communication is essential in order to understand what is going on inside other people. If they do not tell us their thoughts, their feelings, and their experiences, we are left to guess. - Dr. Gary Chapman, Now You're Speaking My Language
(1) Before doing anything, we need a reason. You have to know the importance of time management in your daily life. Time is as valuable as money. When you understand the value of time, then only you can understand the importance of time management in your life.
(2) Whenever you do something, the only thing is time. If you have 36 hours in a day, you can work more in a day. But the day has just 24 hours. So if you can manage everything in that limited time, then only you can work as much as possible.
(3) Time management is also vital for our social life and all. If we can not manage our work time, we will be unable to attach to society and even with our family and friends. So work is essential, of course. But it is impossible to do if you don’t have a great time management power.