Establishing a culture of mutual respect and trust is a foundation to build strong, successful teams. To make your team a place of mutual respect and trust, start by understanding your team and treating them with value and respect as your own self.
10 ways to successfully establish a Culture of Mutual Respect and Trust with the team:
1. Respect your team members. Respect them in the way you want to be respected and treated. This is the first step in establishing a culture of mutual respect in your team.
2. Give your team the freedom to express. Let your team choose the best method they prefer to work. Freedom also means trust.
3. Establish a Friendship. Make friends and not build the ‘Boss-Employee’ strategy. The feeling of friendship is a great way to establish mutual respect and trust in the team.
4. Build Trust starting from you. If you want people to trust you, then take the first step of trusting your team.
5. Giving credits, rewards, and appreciations without any bias is a good way to establish a work-culture filled with respect and trust.
6. Let your team grow as you grow in the organizational ladder. Letting other people grow establishes genuine trust and respect. Setting the stage for others to perform and grow is a genuine, respectable behavior.
7. Empathy is important to create respect and trust in the work culture.
8. Listening helps develop mutual respect and trust. Do it often. Listen genuinely from your team.
9. It is essential to know your team at least in a basic personal level. The more you know about each team member and what’s happening with them, you will share more respect and trust.
10. Connect. It’s an effective way to establish a work culture with respect and trust. Make your team space of well-connected dynamic individuals.