If you’re focusing on your health, pick something practical. Enjoy going to the gym or jogging, and let that make a real difference in your life.
If you want to be your boss and waiting for others’ advice for your next step in life, then you are probably never going to achieve that goal.
When you want to make a difference in your career, and be more successful, investigate what would make a difference. Try to analyze the performance of people who have the job you desire for. What are the missing links that they do differently than you?
Make all these answers to your goals. Try your best to achieve them in sequence.
The first step in any goal setting is to make a proper plan. Write down your goals and create a plan to follow those. Apply the SMART technique.
FOLLOWING IS THE SAMPLE TEMPLATE YOU CAN CONSIDER WHILE WRITING A GOAL PLAN-
(REPLACE “_____” WITH RELEVANT WORDS):
- MY SMART GOAL IS ________
- DOES THIS GOAL FIT INTO A SMART IDEOLOGY? (YES/NO)
- CHALLENGES IN ACHIEVING THIS GOAL ARE __________
- TIME FRAME REQUIRED TO ACHIEVE THIS GOAL IS ________
- I WILL REVIEW MY PROGRESS BY ___________ (WRITING, EMAILING, MAINTAINING A DIARY, KEEPING A LOGBOOK, ETC.)
- I WILL NEED HELP FROM ________ (PEOPLE, BOOKS, INTERNET RESOURCES)
- AFTER ACHIEVING MY GOAL, I WILL _________
If you follow this technique of writing a goal plan, things will be a lot easier and help you in achieving your goals.
Effective goal setting is essential to achieve goals. This helps to reach our goals successfully and decisively. We need to take the right actions within a limited time frame. If we do not set our goals effectively, we may start losing interest or abandon our goals.
This may happen due to a lack of confidence, improper planning, being unrealistic, and pressuring ourselves too much. But if we set our goals effectively in the first place itself, we are sure to achieve those without any hurdles.