Logical Thinking Skill:
Logical thinking looks for things that make “sense”. Logical thinking skills are reflected in the way you:
- Form opinions
You classify what is appropriate and judge what is right based on a given set of logic.
Characteristics of Logical Thinking Skill:
- Logical thinking skills are more of a sequential thought process.
- People are not born with logical thinking skills. People practice it and perfect it.
- Logical thinking skills pay close attention to details.
- Logical thinking skill considers facts, details, data, patterns, and perceptions.
- There is no place for emotional aspects or biases in logical thinking.
- An Important characteristic of logical thinking is, you will reject thoughts like “I don’t know” or “it is too difficult” or “I can’t do this”.
- If trained in logical thinking, people get smarter and sharper. Logical thinking can be perfected by constant practice.
- Logical Thinking helps you take better decisions, give productive results, and reduce complexities.
- Logical thinkers are good solution-givers.
- Logical thinking skills can be enhanced by playing puzzles, mental challenges, solving crosswords, math games, word games, etc.
You can understand what logical thinking is through different examples here.
Ex 1: What if someone says This Street brings Poor luck?
Logical Thinking would be:
· It is a much-generalized point.
· Does this street bring bad luck to you or everyone? If so, where is the proof?
· Has everyone gone through this street experienced bad luck?
· How many people can verify it?
Ex 2: I am living in Stockholm. I am living in a Nordic Country.
Facts are verifiable because Stockholm is in Sweden. The countries Sweden, Denmark, Finland, and Norway are all referred to as Nordic Countries.