passionate about writing as its the only source of air when the world seems to close in front of my eyes.
Taking the help of a journal when you realize that things and situations are getting out of control is always recommendable. While you have journals to write down your thoughts, daily activities, secrets, and everything does not forget to make a separate Gratitude journal because that will help you during hard times.
“Gratitude” is a word defined by the dictionary as the readiness to show appreciation and return kindness. This emotion comes only when you are thankful to someone or something, and the gratitude journal will help you remember all the happy incidents and acts of thankfulness that people or nature showered on yourself.
The major steps you need to follow while starting a Gratitude journal are –
1. Pick a Journal as per your choice and aesthetic. There are so many journals available in the market, and you can just go to any stationery shop and buy the Journal that feels the most pleasant to your eyes.
2. Create a timetable and set a specific time of your day for gratitude journaling. If you are someone journaling for the first time, make it a point to have a schedule to write in your gratitude journal for at least ten to fifteen minutes every day.
3. Think about what small incidents bought you happiness today. There could be times when all you feel is defeated and lost after a hard day in life. You need to start small and keep continuing at such times.
4. While writing, elaborate on each reason as to why you feel thankful for that incident or person.
5. If you are unable to start a Gratitude journal, keep your focus on the benefits it comes with. At times when you do not feel like gratitude journaling, read the previous pages you have written.