I am Vaishali. To 'Write' is to express and i believe writing is one of the rare few things that has wonderful impact on any person even on a minuscule.
What is a SMART Goal?
SMART is the key aspect and the best strategy to set proper goals. If you don’t know how to set goals, you can follow how SMART works. You will get the idea. When you set SMART goals, you will understand how to proceed in achieving your goals.
Why do you need to follow the SMART Goal-Setting Strategy?
SMART Stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-Bound.
SMART goal-setting will bring out what exactly you want, how you want, and when you want. When you start following the SMART strategy, you will answer 5 important questions to determine whether you can set the goal and achieve it.
SMART Goal-Setting is about:
Is your goal SPECIFIC?
What do you want to achieve? What type of Goal is it? Is it a short-term goal? What are your long-term goals? Do you have any goals or tasks that you like to do before you complete your education?
Is your goal MEASURABLE?
Can you monitor your goal’s progress? How will you know if you have achieved it or Not? What’s the Measure or scale you have fixed for your goal?
Is your goal ATTAINABLE?
Can you achieve your goal? What do you want to accomplish with this Goal? What end results do you want to get? How the outcome of your goal should be?
How REALISTIC is your Goal?
Is your goal a realistic one? Is it practically possible? Can we get the resources needed to accomplish this Goal? Can you tackle the difficulties in achieving this Goal?
What TIME-FRAME will it take?
Can you achieve it in a week/month? What type of Goal do you have, and how much time will it take? When should you complete this Goal?
SMART goal-setting is a high-backed method to achieve our goals practically and objectively.
● Vegan foods and recipes avoid processed foods, processed sugars, too much oil, fries, and high-fat food items.
● Vegan diets are naturally high in fiber, low in calories, and low in fat.
● Certain restrictive nature of the vegan diet also contributes to reducing weight.
A 2016 Harvard University Study “vegetarian diets and Weight Reduction” by Ru-Yi Huang et al. concluded that Vegan/vegetarian dieters lose more weight than non-vegetarians after 18 weeks of monitoring.
Gourmet vegan foods are expensive.
● Vegan mock meat is expensive.
● Unsweetened soy/almond/oat/coconut milk costs more than normal dairy milk.
● A dairy yogurt costs less compared to plant-based yogurts.
The demand for veganism is limited compared to a non-vegan, normal diet. That is also a probable reason for the high price.
Vegetarians: Consume animal-derived products like milk and eggs, along with their plant-based foods.
Vegans: No animal products of any sort. No kinds of seafood. No active ingredients, preservatives, and even food colors from an animal source.
When it comes to being vegan or becoming vegan, there is no one-size-fits-all. I may prefer a completely raw vegan diet plan. Someone I know prefers going vegan thrice a month or twice a day.
For some, including eggs and occasional meat along with vegan foods, can work well. The preferences and methods in veganism vary. In the end, it all comes down to our personal choices and decisions.
Sometimes it is difficult. And other times, it can make you feel you want to quit and get back to a normal diet.
● Explaining your dietary preferences or finding the right food for you at social gatherings (with friends, families, and other events) can make things uncomfortable.
● Finding the right foods that cover all the nutrients we need in a day can seem like a lot of work.
● People around you having a normal diet can intimidate you.
It all happens.
● Fruits, vegetables, legumes, sprouts, beans, and lentils.
● Plant-based soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, oat milk, etc.
● Non-dairy cheeses and chocolates.
● Nut butter.
● Rolled oats.
● Rice (white/brown).
● Avocados (good fat).
● Non-dairy yogurts.
● Nuts and seeds.
● Maple syrup, vanilla extracts, and dates syrup.
● Vegan bread and pasta.
Ovo-vegans take Eggs.
Lacto-Ovo vegans take Dairy and Eggs.
● Include good fats like avocado, coconut milk, nuts, and seeds. They help you stay full.
● Include fiber-rich foods like oats, beans, lentils, and such.
● Introduce little carbs. Add in rice, potatoes, and such.
● Hydrate yourself with water, smoothies, and juices.
● Not enough protein can also make you feel not full.
● Use cold-pressed organic oils in small quantities for your recipes.
These tips will help you stay full on a vegan diet.
By going vegan,
● Processed foods
● High-fat (not the essential ones)
● High levels of sugars, oils, and salts.
● Necessary fats.
● Fruits and vegetables.
● Essential nutrients and vitamins.
With all the good things in a vegan diet, you can bring in considerable health changes in your body.
● Educate yourself about vegan diets, foods, and lifestyles. It will help you make well-informed decisions.
● If possible, attend vegan diet workshops and sessions to know more.
● Starting slow is the best option.
● Look for alternatives instead of cutting down your favorite foods.
● Look for vegan recipes and try them even when you are on a normal diet.
Focus on changing basics like:
● Including more sprouts, fruits, and veggies.
● Include smoothies along with your pancakes.
● Cut down dairy. Use coconut milk, soy milk, or almond milk in your coffees and chai.
● Have fruit bowls as mid-day snacks.
● Include seasonal and regional fruits and vegetables.
● You can choose a vegan diet type to suit you.
When it comes to the vegan diet, making a conscious decision and doing it willingly is the best idea.
● Start by reducing your dairy (as milk, cheese, coffee, tea).
● Have vegan days once or twice a week.
● If becoming complete vegan is difficult initially; include eggs in your vegan diet. Or, weekly, two servings of meat and a vegan diet. Fix the meal plan to your convenience.
● Replace sugars with date syrups, fruit purees, nut butter, etc.
● Include 2-3 fruits and vegetable servings in your day.
● Stock healthy alternatives in your pantry.
● Occasional indulgences like vegan pizzas, cakes, and chocolates will help you get the wholeness feel.
● Learn more about going vegan and becoming vegan. Gather knowledge about the vegan lifestyle.
These tips will help you go vegan easier.
Proteins: Tofu, soy milk, almond milk, peanut butter, seeds, nuts, grains, and legumes.
Iron: Beans, broccoli, raisins, iron-fortified breakfast cereals and muesli, and have lots of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is essential for iron absorption.
Calcium: Broccoli, cabbage, okra, fortified unsweetened soy and oat milk, calcium-set tofu, pulses, dried fruits (raisins, apricots, figs, prunes), and calcium-fortified brown and white bread.
Vitamin D: You can take Vitamin D fortified soy drinks, breakfast cereals, and spreads. Get the early morning hours sunlight.
Gluten is a protein found in almost all grains like wheat, barley, and rye.
A vegan diet may include gluten or gluten-free foods. For example, you can be a vegan and still have bread, barley, and pasta. They have gluten. And they are completely plant-based.
Then you have brown rice and quinoa. They are vegan and gluten-free.
See the difference?
It is up to people to choose vegan and gluten-free or just vegan.
● Don’t become vegan because everyone’s buzzing about it on social media.
● If you are already lacking certain nutrients and not sure about your cuisine covering all the nutrients, you shouldn’t go vegan.
● If addicted to dairy, you shouldn’t go vegan quickly.
● Vegan plant-based foods can be expensive. Not everything, but quite a few vegan things are costly compared to a normal diet.
● Unless you prepare appropriate recipes filled with nutritious foods, the feeling of "did not eat well" or "I am not full" becomes natural in a vegan diet.
What reasons do you have? Let us know.
If you are a vegan or want to become a vegan, you have pretty excellent protein sources like:
● Soy (contains all 9 amino acids needs for the body), tofu, tempeh, soy milk
● Hemp seeds
● Chia seeds
● Rolled oats (1/2 cup)
● Nut butter
And for the Ovo, flexible, Lacto vegan types, there will be no problem with the protein source. They all take eggs.
Weight-Loss and Weight Maintenance:
● Vegan Diet has low-calorie, low-carbs, low sugars, and lower cholesterol compared to a regular diet.
● A vegan diet has low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, low blood pressure levels, lower rates of hypertension, and lower rates of Type 2 Diabetes.
Essential nutrients point of view:
● The regular diet that includes eggs, meat, fish, and dairy looks good compared to a completely vegan diet.
Katherine Tallmadge, RD, LD, Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics, says:
If you are a complete vegan, you must be very careful in selecting your foods to get all the nutrients you need.
If not, the vegan diet makes your body energy less and nutrients less.
Kathy McManus, Director of Department of Nutrition at Harvard affiliated Brigham and Women’s hospital, says:
● Vegan diets can be healthy, but they can lack certain nutrients.
● The anemia seems to be a problem in a completely vegan diet. The body quickly absorbs animal-based iron compared to plant-based iron.
● Nutrients like iron and zinc get absorbed faster in a normal diet compared to a plant-based.
● For instance, an omega-3 fatty acid found in fish gets absorbed easily compared to the same omega-3 present in the flax seeds.
● If you’re a vegan, you might take a Vit.B12 supplement.
Take care in accommodating enough protein, iron, calcium, and vitamin B12 in your vegan diet.
Choose a comfortable vegan diet plan.
● You can try vegan foods twice a day followed by a normal diet with dairy and meat.
● You can try “vegan till lunch” or “vegan till evening” and have a normal diet plan for the remaining meal.
● You can take eggs and dairy (be Lacto-Ovo vegans) along with plant-based foods and avoid all meats.
● Some people like to go 80/10/10, i.e.80% fruits/veggies in their daily meals.
It becomes easy for you to start a plant-based diet if you start with any vegan diet plan.
● Start slow.
● Start with minor changes.
● Gradually increase fruits, green leafy veggies, grains, vegetables, lentils, non-dairy plant milk, sprouts, and nuts.
Take it easy! Take your time! It is the best way to go vegan.
Now that we have covered the basics of vegan diets, let’s discuss the pros and cons.
Benefits of Going Vegan:
● Get to include fresh, home-cooked foods than pocketed/boxed/processed ones.
● Improved overall health.
● Improved gut health.
● Improved skin health.
● Mindful eating.
● A good way to shed the extra pounds.
● Lowers blood sugar levels.
● Encourages you to eat nutritious foods.
● Supports the idea of environmental sustainability.
● On the grounds of ethical perspective- avoids animal cruelty.
● Helps us prepare a balanced meal.
● Reduce processed sugar and saturated fat in the daily diet.
● Reducing health risks from processed foods.
● Improving their body and health and fitness levels.
● Reduced risk of cancer (as per 2015 WHO study)
● Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease (as per 2018 Cleveland Clinic study)
● A vegan diet has complex carbohydrates present in them–it enhances the feel-good hormone in the brain.
Cons of a vegan diet:
● Keep exploring different food choices and recipes with vegan foods.
● Difficult to find vegan restaurants compared to normal restaurants.
● Finding a completely vegan company will be less. Most of our surrounding people will either be vegetarian or non-vegetarian.
● Can get expensive.
● Chances of nutrition deficiency–especially Vitamin B12.
● Have to be mindful in bringing/adding nutritious food items in every meal.
● Be careful with the ingredient list every time you buy something out, even if it says “vegan.”
● Watch out for heavily processed vegan foods. Stick to your home-prepared foods most of the time.
● Friends, family members, co-workers can become critical of your vegan choice.
Now that we have discussed the pros and cons of becoming vegan, one thing is clear.
The more you educate yourself about veganism or vegan diets, the more you will make ideal food choices! You will bring more nutritious food sources in your every meal.
"It’s good to have a failure when you are young because it teaches you so much. For one thing, it makes you aware that such a thing can happen to anybody, and once you’ve lived through the worst, you’re never quite as vulnerable afterward.”
- Walt Disney
Celebrate Success. Learn from Failures.
Confidence is a feeling of trust in self or others. When you are clear-headed and have that element of esteem in yourself, it means you have self-confidence. Self-confidence is your trust in your own ability to do any task by viewing yourself.
Practice self-love to believe in yourself. You love yourself and consider to be a valuable and commendable person. You have a positive opinion and judgment in your own self. Compliment yourself. Congratulate and applaud for your merits. Console if need be. But respect yourself and love more day after day
Gratitude is the positive element in you that lets you express your thankfulness for people or things. Gratitude forms an important trait as it defines your attitude. Gratitude attitude also defines who you really are, what you think you are, and what others think you are.
Positive thinking is an emotional and mental attitude that focuses on the good and expects results that will benefit you. It’s about anticipating happiness, health, and success – essentially, training yourself to adopt an abundance mindset and cultivate gratitude for your own successes and those of others.
Pitching yourself Confidently: To speak about your work with confidence and clearly.Рurроse оf grоuрРitсhing, like рresenting, is аn аrt fоrm. It аllоws yоu tо stаnd оut frоm the сrоwd аnd get the right рeорle exсited аbоut yоur business. In оrder fоr аny business tо thrive аnd grоw, it is essentiаl thаt yоu аre аble tо deliver а рitсh аbоut whо yоu аre аnd whаt рrоblem yоu sоlve. Whether yоu аre netwоrking, seeking роtentiаl investоrs, сustоmers оr business раrtners, exсelling аt рitсhing will enhаnсe аny business. Bаsiсаlly, we will be glаd tо knоw thаt yоu will be аble tо fасe yоur...
Hello There, Welcome to the Emotional Intelligence in Workplace Group.You probably know a friend or colleague who has an incredibly negative outlook on life. The ability to understand and manage your own emotions and those of others is known as emotional intelligence. It helps people make better decisions and solve problems. In the workplace, emotional intelligence is essential because it enables employees to get along well with each other and achieve goals together.Share your experience and read encouraging stories to create a community where we can support each other.Join the community today.!Why Should Join this Group?At work, emotional intelligence plays...
Unlock Your True Potential: Enlight the power within youBelieve in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself. -Roy T. BennettThis quote directly mirrors your potential that you are not identifying. It's just like, "You have it, and you don't know it."Are you aware of the potential or the strength that you have? Well, I know, very few people realize that if they push their limits up to specific points, they can get what they want. What your potential is, you can't even imagine of. Unless you apply your entire possibility to work, you can't get...
Hello There, Welcome to the Master, your brain Group.You probably know a friend or colleague who has an incredibly negative outlook on life. The first step is understanding that your brain is not just a passive organ. It is constantly working on tasks that require concentration, memory, attention, and problem-solving. You need to learn how to use your brain effectively.Share your experience and read encouraging stories to create a community where we can support each other.Join the community today.!Why Should Join this Group?It is recommended that you practice a new and challenging activity on a regular basis to build and...
The brain is the ultimate pilot of our body. What you think, what you do, what do you say, where do you go, what you decide, how you react, and every small thing that is the part of your body controlled by your brain. So, if the brain is so unique for you, don't you think this controlling authority of the body should be healthier? Yes, it should be healthy, fit and delicate so that you can do your daily work without any problem. The group's heading may confuse you to some extent, 'Rewire your Brain,' but, trust me, once...
Hello There, Welcome to the Master your decision-making and problem-solving Group.The first step in mastering your decision-making and problem-solving skills is to understand how decisions are made. Decisions are made when we make choices between two or more alternatives. We choose between options based on our values, beliefs, preferences, and goals. Share your experience and read encouraging stories to create a community where we can support each other.Join the community today.!Why Should Join this Group?It is recommended that mastering any skill is to understand how decisions are made. Decisions are made through a process known as cognitive bias. Cognitive biases...
Hello everyone! Welcome to the Group Build unstoppable self-confidence.There are a lot of people around us who do not have self-confidence. Self-confidence is the belief in your own abilities and worthiness. It is the feeling that you can do anything you set out to do. You may feel confident about yourself when you know that you can do something well or when you believe that you will succeed in achieving a goal.Let's create a community where we can support each other by sharing our experiences and reading encouraging stories.Join the community today.!Why Should Join this Group?Because to achieve goals and...
Hello everyone! Welcome to the Group on How to find your passion and purpose in life.Passion plays a very important role in achieving your goals and achieving more success and satisfaction in your life. Ultimately, passion can help you achieve your goals because anything you want to accomplish requires consistency. This means that you will be more likely to stick to your purpose if it coincides with your passion.Let me encourage you to create a community where we can share our experiences and read inspiring content so we can learn from each other.We invite you to join our community!Why Should...
Hello everyone! Welcome to the Group Goal Setting To Achieve Success.Goal setting is a process of planning your goals and how you will achieve them. It helps you focus on what you want to do and gives you a sense of direction. You need to set realistic goals so that you don't get overwhelmed.It is impossible to achieve anything in life without setting goals. Encourage you to create a community where we can share our experiences and read inspiring content.We invite you to join our community!Why Should Join this Group?Goal-setting involves taking active steps to achieve your desired outcome. You...