I would like to share learning-related tips and tricks for lifelong learners
Here are some of the many online resources that are the answer to the eternal question “How can I improve my exam marks?” You can seek more details from your teachers or your peers.
1. Pay more attention. Look at the speaker directly. Avoid being distracted by others. Beat to beat; pay attention to speakers' body language. Do every activity which one speaker says.
2. No more over-show expressions. Use your body language no more over facial expressions. Encourage the speaker with verbal comments.
3. Write the pinpoints of the session. Summarise notes periodically. Read it after a meeting to memorize and also for deeper understanding.
4. Never interrupt during speaker speak. Interrupting is a waste of time. Allow the speaker to complete the whole topic before asking questions. Never interrupt during others' conversations also.
5. Give respect to the speaker. Keep silent and never interrupt during any sessions. Go with the speaker's flow.
6. Give honest feedback; the speaker only has one way to improve himself with honest feedback. Feedback also allows your viewpoint to express.
7. Focus on infographics. If the speaker uses infographics to understand, then focus on the infographic. Take the pics of infographics.
8. Seat in front of the speaker. Less district yourself, your listening efficiency becomes higher. Avoid some walking between you and the speaker.
9. Do and stay connected with speakers poll. On the speakers, questions try to give answers. Otherwise, in the end, ask questions.
10. Ignore the speaker's mistakes to understand the aims of the topic.
1. Listen more before you speak. Try to understand what you are trying to say before then reply.
2. Try before quitting. At least try things whatever you want in your life. Never quit before trying.
3. Whenever you are going to write something anywhere, think before you write.
4. Spend money, but first, earn. Earn before you spend.
5. Believe first before doing anything in your life. Believes are valuable in every situation.
6. Live your life; enjoy each moment in your life. Live before you die.
7. Whenever you go to start anything, prepare first. Prepare before you start.
8. Make time for health. Exercise and meditate before you get stressed.
9. To be happy and for piece live in present moments. With the plan of the future, never invest in your present. Live it.
10. Understand the rules of freedom before you expand your freedom.
11. Love yourself and spread that love before time goes away.
12. Accept and solve the situation before you miss out.
13. Be responsible before time has gone. Be responsible when you need it. If time goes, it never comes again.
14. Take permission from your family before taking any kind of action.
Being a successful student is not a child's play. It requires utmost devotion, a student success plan, hard work, and a passion for being successful in life. If you genuinely wish to be a successful student in High school or college, there are student success strategies that can prove to be helpful to the achievement of your goal.
3. No cheating
5. Refraining from unnecessary comparisons
6. Improvement in progression
7. Curiosity and excitement
One of the best ways to absorb a piece of information in your mind is to read about it on your own with full focus.
When you have a solid game plan before starting any study session, it naturally improves your productivity. This way you can be ensured that you make each session as productive as possible and make the best out of your time.
It means that you make a timetable in order to enjoy a productive day along with getting yourself nearer to success every day. Along with social activities make sure that you prescribe a fixed number of hours to study each day.
1.) Pay attention
Paying attention in class is one of the most crucial practices a successful student is required to do.
2.) Taking notes
It is not possible to remember every word the teacher says. So, it is essential that you jot down notes in the form of main points that summarize what the teacher is explaining.
3.) Clarifying doubts
To avoid being lost during a lecture make sure that you clarify all your doubts.
4.) Avoiding distractions
Just like during your self-study hours, keep your mobile phone away.
5.) A positive relationship with your teacher
Determines the success of an individual in high school and college is his/her relationship with the teachers and staff.
6.) Have fun
Along with studying it is essential for every student to have a carefree time where he/she can just have some fun and relax with friends.
Write a compelling and catchy introduction. Mention an interesting fact related to your topic into the intro.
How to write the middle part of the essay?
The primary focus is on the 1st body, this paragraph need not be as catchy as the previous stages. So, here you can mention some weak points in order to elaborate on the essay further.
The first paragraph - Write the strongest points or essential facts in the first paragraph
The second paragraph - Tries to elaborate of an essay further and adds more intriguing points.
The third paragraph - Cite some exciting examples with catchy tone related to the topic in the third paragraph
Who do not understand how to conclude an essay without sounding abrupt. Even though the conclusion is supposed to be short and sweet, it is an underrated part of an essay, and most of the students seem to be ignorant of how they should end an essay.
You need to persuade the reader with your arguments and ideas put forward by you in the essay and make your readers care about your ideas.
The majority of the students fail to understand is the fact that a proper link between the introduction and the conclusion of an essay can prove to be extremely fruitful.
If you have stated an idea in the intro, you can add a line or two elaborating that point in the conclusion. Expand the theme that you introduced in the intro without making it seem like you are merely repeating a certain fact to fill up pages.
Since essays have become an integral part of the various school and college assignments along with applications to prestigious universities, students cannot afford to stay ignorant about the types.
Before diving straightaway into looking for all sorts of essay help online, here are four major types of essays every student should know about. It is easy to get confused with the immense number of topics in essay books.
However, the types of essays are limited, and they are more manageable than you can actually think of! These four types mainly cover all the other subtypes, so, let us take a look.
1.) Narrative essays
2.) Descriptive essays
3.) Expository essays
4.) Persuasive essays
A positive attitude brings out creativity in thinking and you will get new ideas for improving the subjects. Positivity will also help in finding better solutions to the problems. Even in a school or college project or assignment, a positive attitude will bring out better results. It will also help in keeping your mind relaxed and calm in negative situations.
Having a positive attitude will attract more people to you. You can be the leader of your group and lead people to follow a positive attitude in life. You can remove the negativities in yourself and others too. It will improve your life to a large extent. With a more positive attitude, you will get more able to solve any problem in life.
Optimism always leads to success. Positivity will give more enthusiasm to work which will result in promotions and increments. This is the reason why people with a positive attitude become successful in later life.
A positive attitude will gain more friends. It is because negativity will reduce your self-confidence and you will get discouraged. People will like staying with positive people. Positivity will spread happiness and joy all around the place.
Here are the ten steps that can help you to have effective listening:
1.) Face the speaker and always maintain eye contact.
2.) Pay attention, but be relaxed.
3.) Have an open mind and listen to them without judging them.
4.) Carefully listen to the words and try to understand what the speaker is saying.
5.) Never interrupt the speaker, nor impose your thinking on them.
6.) When the speaker takes a pause only then ask a question.
7.) Never ask things unnecessarily, only ask to have a better understanding.
8.) Try to feel what the speaker is feeling and communicating.
9.) Try to give simple and regular feedback to the speaker.
10.) Focus on non-verbal cues like facial expressions and gestures.
Basically, there are two types of listening skills:
This type of listening is developed in the initial stages. This is the most basic kind of listening and does not require any effort as such in understanding the meaning of words or the phrases but just different sounds are produced.
For example, in early childhood, a distinction can be made between different sounds that get improved as the child grows up. As we move from childhood towards adulthood this distinction increases with the capacity to distinguish between different sounds.
Comprehensive listening is a broad term and it basically includes understanding the messages being communicated to the other person. It is also fundamental to all listening sub-categories.
For a person to develop comprehensive listening the listener first has to have an appropriate vocabulary and other language skills. This kind of listening gets more complex as the same message given to two people might result in understanding it with different meanings.
Comprehensive listening is also complimented by sub-messages through non-verbal communication like the tone of the voice, body language, and gestures. This kind of non-verbal signals can help immensely in communication and comprehension but might also confuse and might lead to misunderstanding.
Here are 7 tips that can develop listening skills in students:
1.) Use audiobooks to applications, that can help in improving listening skills in students.
2.) Teachers can read a topic loud, and then have the class discuss and reflect on the content.
3.) Give children assignments group presentations.
4.) Try to ask open-ended questions.
5.) Assign students tasks and activities that encourage critical thinking.
6.) Offer students reflecting learning opportunities.
7.) Try to reinforce active listening in students.
1. Starting late and regretting it later.
2. Not participating in the learning process actively.
3. Not Studying according to the examination pattern.
4. Revising the information already known repeatedly.
5. Relying totally on the teachers or private tutors for Exams.
6. Keeping rote memorization over the understanding.
7. Not making a routine/proper plan of learning.
8. Always studying too much, or studying much at the last moment.
9. Sticking to only one place for studying.
10. Studying one way only.
11. Studying Alone always.
12. Studying with gadgets.
13. Studying with an empty stomach.
14. Studying continuously.
15. Not using the quick learning methods.
Different people learn in different ways. Visual learners; Aural learners; Verbal learners; Physical learners; Logical learners You can choose the method which you feel can help you learn faster. Also, check if you learn better when alone or when you are in a group study.
Sometimes studying while music plays in the background is a great idea. Drawing diagrams, figures or doodles while making notes would increase your interest to go back to them for revision.
A sound and healthy sleep are extremely important. By giving rest to your body, you are in a way helping yourself to feel good and make your body and brain function more effectively.
Gratitude is the positive element in you that lets you express your thankfulness for people or things. Gratitude forms an important trait as it defines your attitude. Gratitude attitude also defines who you really are, what you think you are, and what others think you are.
How to influence people: Persuasion psychology, influence people, create a great impression, understand people's personalities, and people power to influence anyone and anywhere.Discussion 1Introduction What is persuasion Persuasion myth What is the right meaning of influencing people?What are the four types of influence?What are good influencing skills?Research work Discussion 2Understand people's personalities (What are the two main influences on your personality? What are the 4 factors that influence personality? What are the greatest two influences on personality development? etc.)Why is persuasion important in psychology?Factual persuasive speech, value persuasive speech, and persuasive policy speechethos, pathos, logos, and kairosModes of persuasion, modes...
The brain is the ultimate pilot of our body. What you think, what you do, what do you say, where do you go, what you decide, how you react, and every small thing that is the part of your body controlled by your brain. So, if the brain is so unique for you, don't you think this controlling authority of the body should be healthier? Yes, it should be healthy, fit and delicate so that you can do your daily work without any problem. The group's heading may confuse you to some extent, 'Rewire your Brain,' but, trust me, once...
Discussion 1IntroWhat is positive thinking?Why do we need positive thinking in our life? (importance)Am I positive thinker?Research work Discussion 2How to think positive positive thinking storiesTo make a habit of thinking positive.Positive thinking link with our happiness and successResearch workDiscussion 3Change thought from negative to positive.Stop negative thoughts tips.Stop negative self-talk tips.Improve your self talk Change your life to a positiveResearch workDiscussion 4The Law of attraction really works on positive thinking.Affirmation effects on positive thinkingWhen feeling low, how to think positivePositive thinking exercisesTo become a 100% positive Research workDiscussion 5Books main points to build positive thinkingAction plan to follow positive...
Happiness! How many of you truly know the actual meaning of happiness? It might be significantly more minor and countable because most people don't know where their happiness lies. The reason for this is as simple as understanding the fact that you are alive. But, if you are not happy, are you alive? Are you enjoying your life? Is, being comfortable means enjoying the surrounding only? Have you found your source of being happy? And, so many questions I can enlist that you can think about and analyze what your true happiness is. Purpose of the groupThe group's name 'How...