Mother Teresa once said, “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”
This is the ultimate truth of life. Especially for those who want to work for themselves. Career-oriented people can easily relate to this quotation. In this fast-paced world, every possibility of success lies today. One time that is most valuable for us is the time we are in, neither yesterday nor tomorrow.
20 common time management mistakes
Here are 20 COMMON MISTAKES people do in their time management journey, and I have shared SOME KICK-ASS METHODS TO RECTIFY THOSE MISTAKES.
1.) TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS
2.) SET PRIORITIES AND GOALS
3.) DON’T PROCRASTINATE
4.) BREAK YOUR TIME
5.) KEEP YOUR DATA SEPARATE
6.) BE AN EXPERT IN TECHNOLOGY
7.) DEVELOP A ROUTINE
8.) SET BOUNDARIES
9.) USE YOUR CALENDAR
10.) STOP MULTITASKING
11.) SHUT YOUR DOOR
12.) BE ORGANIZED
14.) SOCIAL MEDIA ENGAGEMENT
15.) A FEW SECONDS MATTERS
16.) QUESTION YOURSELF
17.) LEARN TO SAY NO
18.) LESS SLEEP
19.) MOST PRODUCTIVE TIME OF DAY
20.) ACTION PLAN
A) The answer is management and innovation. But moreover that the whole concept is standing on the concept of smartness and presence of mind. Yes, that is the real root of smart work. You have to grow your presence of mind because it can give you the right decision at the right moment. It is not certain, that always you can go with your schedule or any planning. Then you have to do it. Even the previous topics like time management and innovation also depend based on the presence of the mind. You have to be active with this.
B) You can not always manage times by pre-planning. When the works come, and at the same time, you need some moments in your personal life, then you need the presence of mind. At that moment, innovation can not make you free from your works, which can only make it shorter than before. You need the presence of mind to handle that situation. A smart worker can manage everything at the same time.
(1) Before doing anything, we need a reason. You have to know the importance of time management in your daily life. Time is as valuable as money. When you understand the value of time, then only you can understand the importance of time management in your life.
(2) Whenever you do something, the only thing is time. If you have 36 hours in a day, you can work more in a day. But the day has just 24 hours. So if you can manage everything in that limited time, then only you can work as much as possible.
(3) Time management is also vital for our social life and all. If we can not manage our work time, we will be unable to attach to society and even with our family and friends. So work is essential, of course. But it is impossible to do if you don’t have a great time management power.
1.) Create a daily plan
2.) Peg a time limit to each task
3.) Use a calendar
4.) Use an organizer
5.) Know your deadlines
6.) Learn to say "NO"
7.) Target to be early
8.) Time box your activities
9.) Have a clock visibly placed before you
10.) Set reminders 15 minutes before
12.) Block out distractions
13.) Track your time spent
14.) Don't fuss about unimportant details
17.) Batch similar tasks together
18.) Eliminate your time wasters
19.) Cut off when you need to
20.) Leave buffer time in-between
You must have heard different students talking that I am better when I study at night, and some others say that they are better when they get up early in the morning and start learning. For different students, the effective time span when they can study with their full potential and mind power varies.
Though it is said that the mind works best in the morning after we take a sound sleep in the night, but if you feel that it doesn't work best for you, you can decide accordingly. Whatever be the time you feel is best for you to set a schedule according to it.
Finding a schedule that works best for you is an achievement and sticking to it is a boon for students. Try it. For most of the students, finding a schedule is easy as compared to sticking to it. But remember, if you somehow stick to the schedule for 20 to 30 days, it will become your habit. To build a schedule and stick to it as if there is no other day to add to it.
If you just pay heed to the finer details about the time management techniques of the successful students, you will find that there are two or three things in common.
The first one is they jot down the points on the paper about which things needs to be done at what time or up to what time i.e. they use a planner.
Second is, they keep smaller goals each day to make it easy for them. They do not write on the paper that they need to complete the whole math chapter or series together, instead, they may write that they need to devote at least 15 minutes to the mathematical problem called fraction each day for about 10 days.
The third one is that they keep a close eye on the clock. If they have decided to pay 15 minutes to the basic math problem, then they will give about 15 to 18 minutes only and not more than that, so that their planning does not become a mess and they don't have to waste the time in planning on the next day also.
- Plan your school life while also allocating some time for social life. Everything in extreme will cause harm to another. If you ignore studies and are busy in social life such as engaging yourself in social media at all times, then your studies will be affected. At the same time, one should not always be buried in books. This could stress you to no end.
- Establish a study routine. Choose which time is suitable for you to study. Some people are comfortable during the early hours. Some are night owls. Both times, society at large is calm and you can do your work in peace.
- Place to study - create an environment to study in peace. Choose a place that is not noisy and perfect for you. It should also be near to your study materials so that you need not go again and again to collect stuff from your table.