10 Best Ways to Write Effective Master To-Do List to organize life much easier
3. Daily To-Do List is Different
4. The Right Time
5. Mention Deadlines
6. Keep Updating
7. Should be Easily Readable
8. Find the Right Medium or Tool
9. The Master to-do list should be Portable
10. Be Specific with your Master To-Do List
The above 10 tips and ideas will help you in terms of organizing your life through a handy Master To-Do List. The list is not specific to anyone. Students, Young professionals who are starting their career, and about everyone can utilize this Master To-Do List idea. It helps you organize, plan, and prioritize your life so that everything becomes easier.
Furthermore, maintaining the list becomes equally important to writing the list. Keep updating the list. Reward yourself now and then if you have completed the tasks. In this way, you will not feel bored with the list.
- How do you manage your team who are falling behind on scheduled time?
- How do you identify the tasks that are a waste of time?
- How do you identify the tasks that will take more time?
- What is your take when it comes to a team’s time management? Do you have any strategy for getting the best results?
- Tell us about how you estimate a task-completion time? Do you follow any time-management techniques here?
- How do you handle emergency situations at work on crucial times?
- Can you tell us about how you can fit time management techniques in scheduling the work?
- Let us give a scenario: You are approaching the deadline in three days while you have 40% of the work remaining? What will you do? How will you solve it?
- Do you prefer deadlines over quality?
- Is it okay to compromise quality for completing deadlines and earn a good name?
- What if your client demands work to be done by you in a short time?
- Do you think that managing your time well is enough?
- Can you tell us about a situation where you solved a crisis and got the results on time?
- What time management technique you find it practical to follow?
- Tell us about a time management process you follow to get fruitful results from your team?
- Would you consider yourself a person who does things ‘on time’ every time?
- How do you bring your team into your scheduling and time management methods?
- Can you tell us about a time where you had too many things on your plate because of your boss? How did you sort it out?
- When you have a lot of work to do how will you juggle?
Do Good Planning
Good planning demands time. On the contrary, making appropriate plans in a short time-frame is a skill needed nowadays. You need to develop good planning skills to resolve quick tasks as well as big tasks. It comes with managing your time.
Once you are done planning, execute it. Executing a plan has multiple factors corresponding to it. Understand the time every stage of execution takes. Manage the time well through planning, scheduling, and deciding. By doing so, you can easily get the results.
To-do list or Checklist
It depends upon individual preferences. Preparing a check-list or to-do list of all your tasks, priorities, and important works will help you. It lets you keep track of things.
It’s an important skill associated with Time-Management. Meeting your deadline brings more credibility to you. In order to achieve it, you need good planning. Utilizing time efficiently is important here.
1. Can you tell us about how you will handle a co-worker who is always behind schedule?
2. Is time management essential for success?
3. Tell us about a challenging task/work that you undertook?
4. How can you beat procrastination? What strategies you think will be effective for it?
5. Did you have a chance to take extra responsibilities on your shoulders? If so, how did you handle it?
6. Is it okay to say ‘NO’ sometimes?
7. How can you manage your time effectively in a short period?
8. How do you prepare yourself before starting to work on big projects?
9. Can you tell us your ideas about ‘more work in less time’?
10. Have you ever missed a deadline? If so, what was the reason?
11. Juggling several things at once is good or bad?
12. How do you schedule or handle your time with a project having a short deadline?
13. How do you balance your work life and personal life?
14. If you have several tasks before you, which one will you pick? How will you pick a task?
15. Have you ever felt bored at work?
16. Is the time-management a temporary process or a permanent practice?
17. Tell us about a time where you had to deal with a non-cooperative team? How did you get things done on time?
The term Time Management is a misnomer. You cannot manage time; you manage the events in your life about time. You may often wish for more time, but each day you only have 24 hours, 1,440 minutes, or 86,400 seconds.
Using that time depends on skills learned through self-analysis, planning, evaluation, and self-control.
Now let's have a look at some innovative ideas that people are using for their development.
1. You can only do as much as you can in a day:
Your first step towards effective time management is to not plan too many tasks for a day. Within the time frame of ‘morning till your working hours end’, plan tasks in the order of high value to low-value. Start from high-value tasks. Completing one or two high-value tasks is a success for the day. You don’t have all day, so don’t plan too much for the day!
2. The “Don’t Do It” List:
Distractions kill time. Here’s what we can do to overcome it. Prepare a “Don’t Do list”. In a sheet of paper write things that distract you and put a “Don’t” word before it. Ex: Don’t open Instagram till Break, Don’t turn on the social-media notification till 12 PM, etc. Place it where you can see them while working. It should bring your focus and zero time-waste while working.
3. Tried Waking up Early Morning?
Do it. Another effective way to manage your time is to wake up early. You will have plenty of time to plan for the day. Wake up early for one week and see how productive you can become. You will find more time on hand.
4. Overcome Procrastination:
Procrastination is the thief of time. Overcome it day by day. You will see your time managed effectively yielding productive results.
5. Peggy Duncan’s COPE Technique:
'COPE' Stands for:
Clear: Be clear about what you want to accomplish today.
Organized: Organize your goals in the high-low priority order.
Productive: Start with high-value tasks first.
Efficient: Work on finishing your goals.
6. Batch your tasks:
Going out? Complete all the outdoor-related tasks at that time. Checking your notifications? Then check your email too, and send necessary replies. Batching similar tasks manages your time effectively.
15 Time Management Strategies
Every individual is different. The strategies, techniques they use to solve their day to day activities vary drastically. But the emphasis has always been on the Time. You manage your Time efficiently; you get things done faster and productive. Keeping that in mind, these 15 time management strategies that are easy to follow. You can either take them as a whole or pick the ones that work for you. In the end, the strategy will help you manage the Time you have easily.
1. Start your day early
2. Keep your space Clean and Organized
3. Be aware of your Gadget Time
4. Active & Productive Time of the Day
5. Get your priorities straight
6. Focus on what is important right now
7. Practice Bullet Journaling – Have a To-Do List
8. Be organized
9. Don’t procrastinate
10. Take personal breaks
11. Get help when needed
12. Don’t wait
13. Have your deadline
14. Follow simple lifestyle routines
15. The 5D’s of time management
Make sure that you enjoy the work you do. Remember that none of the time management seems to work if you do not like and enjoy what you do. Use the time management strategies that suit you. It can be one or two or a whole.
14 Time-Management Interview Questions asked to the Candidates:
1. Tell us about a situation where you handled an un-expected work emergency in a short time?
2. What is your take on Time-management?
3. How do you plan the work? Do you follow any particular strategy?
4. What are the key time-management concepts you need for completing work?
5. What scheduling techniques you follow to finish a job on time?
6. How can you manage the time in days of hectic workloads?
7. Can you tell us about a situation where you struggled to finish work? What were the reasons for it?
8. What is your strategy on ‘completing the tasks’ before the finishing time?
9. How do you organize your team if you were given the title of a team-leader?
10. What will you do when you realize that the task you are doing is making you late?
11. Do you prefer scheduling or prioritizations?
12. Tell us about a situation where you saved plenty of time at work?
13. What is the reason behind task incompletion on time?
14. Can you tell us about a time where your manager/senior gave you a new line of work? If so, Then what will you do to finish the work on time?
1. Don’t have too much on your plate
Do what you can do at the stipulated time. If you have more things on your plate, time management gets tough. Share your work when needed. If not, allocate different time-management strategy that suits.
2. Regarding the commitments
Think before you make another commitment. Too many commitments in different stages of in-completion are bad. It is not a good time-management practice.
3. Accept the unexpected
Unexpected things happen all the time. Accept it. Change your time-frame and associated planning accordingly.
4. Don’t focus on the Phone
You need self-control here. Notifications and social-media take a chunky part of our valuable time. Don’t do it often. Have some break time and check your phone. Don’t start and end your day with gadgets, especially social-media.
Hardest or Easiest Task First
It’s an important time-management route. Being Indecisive about your tasks is not the answer. Choose your tasks. It depends upon individuals. For those who have trouble starting or procrastinating, begin with small tasks. Completing it on time gives a confidence boost. For others, you can begin at your convenience. Either way, working and completing on-time is important. Follow this idea. You need to master this particular time-management skill over time.
Mentally prepare for the day
It is important. It helps you start the day with a positive mindset. With a positive and mentally-prepared mindset, you can manage the day and time with confidence. Consequently, if you are not mentally prepared for the day, it can get tough. You won’t feel active. Agitations due to un-preparedness can spread throughout the day. Time gets wasted while productivity becomes less.
Track the time
Track the time you are spending on each task. Analyze your performance for the past week. Notice the ‘time you take’ and the ‘time you spend’ on tasks and other activities. Identify the places where you could save time. It improves your time. This technique is one of the best ways to master your time-management skills.
Identify the mistakes from it
By tracking your past week’s performance, you can identify what went wrong. Try to correct it in the coming new week.
Stay away from Distraction
We understand that one needs personal breaks now and then. You can have healthy distractions such as food-breaks, snack times, music, walk, etc. Make sure that you stay away from distractions that don’t benefit you.
Setting your Deadline
It is not only for your projects. Include this tip in your day-to-day tasks.
For Example: If you are working on a task, set your own deadline of 10-15 Minutes early to the actual deadline. You will increase your work. In the meantime, you will start thinking about the related tasks needed for completion.
Stop with the ‘perfection’ mindset
The emphasis here is on managing your time well and getting things done in a good way. Don’t bring ‘perfection’ here. Perfection can bring time delays.
For Instance, The term perfection can be the ‘Working-Process’ for some people. Meanwhile, for some people, perfection is in the ‘Results.’ They don’t care about how the process is. A good result is what such people expect. The term differs with meaning. The importance here is to do the work on time.
List your tasks and works based on priorities. It’s the most important tip for good time-management. First, it saves plenty of time. Secondly, a priority gives a perspective of what needs to be done ‘now’ and ‘later.’ You will begin to work quickly and effectively. The third and most important one is Time-Management.
Set time limit
Set a Time-limit on your own. It’s like a self-alarm for you to finish the task or work. Allocate a specific time for your tasks to complete. Try to complete the work in the allotted time if the time exceeds, no problem. Relax. See where you lagged or what made the delay. Continue the other day by correcting your mistakes. The time-management process takes twists and turns.
Timely decision making corresponds to good time management. Good decisions can save plenty of time, effort, and resources in your workplace as well as professional space.
1. Bring together all the tasks you have
If you need to manage your time, you need to distinguish your tasks and activities. Define all your tasks for the day. Include all your activities, meetings, appointments, and other related things, so you don’t miss anything. Without the tasks, there comes no time-planning and scheduling. Bring all the tasks together before you sit to plan your time.
2. Separate the tasks based on the importance
By now, all your tasks are laid out in front of you. Separate the tasks based on importance. It’s an effective time-management technique for you. Once you separate the tasks based on importance, you will know which one to start and which ones can wait. It prevents you from wasting time.
3. Divide your tasks into small ones
It brings a considerable difference in ‘task Completion.’ Also, dividing big tasks into chunks saves time. It increases your interest. On the other hand, lengthy work can bring boredom easily. You can see how effectively you have completed the tasks if it is small actionable steps.
Everything takes practice. Practice brings perfection. It takes disciple in managing the time efficiently. Even a slight act of procrastination beats the purpose of time-keeping. Besides, mastering the time-management skills is easy for you.
i) Time management begins with your daily lifestyle activities upon starting the day. Manage your mornings, and the whole day gets sorted for you.
ii) The same goes for your professional life as well. Being to work on-time gives a smooth start.
iii) Starting from ‘How you begin your day’ to that of ‘How you finish your day’ depends upon time management. Make this time-gap effective, and you become productive!
iv) You got 24 hours for you. Effectively managing that time limit, knowing what you can do and what has to be done is all it takes to master the skill.
Besides their achievements, successful people have one thing in common. It is an effective time management technique they practice in life. Every individual has their own terms of achievement and success. Their assessments on professional and personal success differ. For everything, you need to master your time management skills.
Time management should go hand-in-hand with the work you do. With better Time-Management, you can increase your productivity as well as gain a sense of confidence. Apart from these, practicing time-management takes you one step closer to making your goal a reality.
25 Time Management Skills to Master
1. Bring together all the tasks you have
2. Separate the tasks based on the importance
3. Divide your tasks into small ones
4. Make priorities
5. Set time limit
7. Do Good Planning
8. Execute it
9. To-do list or Checklist
10. Meeting Deadlines
11. Setting your Deadline
12. Stop with the ‘perfection’ mindset
13. Track the time
14. Identify the mistakes from it
15. Stay away from Distraction
16. Hardest or Easiest Task First
17. Mentally prepare for the day
18. Don’t have too much on your plate
19. Regarding the commitments
20. Accept the unexpected
21. Don’t focus on the Phone
22. Be an Early Riser
23. Good Sleep is a Must
24. Even if it is Less let it Be the best
25. Get the Help of Tools
Considering these 25 tips, you can get a rough idea about how you can master the time-management skill. It becomes clear that time management needs practice. It requires patience in the case when things go wrong or unplanned.
1. Don’t adjourn tasks to your convenience
If it has to be done today, then do it. Procrastinating beats productivity.
2. Go for a planner instead of gadgets
Planners, pen, and paper will not run out of power or go through any technical difficulties. Prefer planners for your schedule planning. Weekly planners are available in multiple sizes to fit your needs.
3. Download Printables
If you are not sure about planners, then you can go for printables. There are simple and easy-to-use weekly schedule planner printables available online. You can download the printables and try them.
4. Start with a to-do list
If you are new with the whole weekly-schedule thing, start slow. Start with a simple “Daily To-Do List.” Try and see if you could follow the ‘to-do’ list for a couple of weeks or months. Tune yourself into following ‘to-do’ lists and working accordingly. Later, you can slowly start with planning a weekly schedule.
1.) Get ready first, other things later
Wake up early. Get things done. Get ready. Once you have finished your breakfast, you can find adequate time before you start your work. During that time, you can browse your phone, laptop, and other gadgets. It varies with individuals and their lifestyles. Following your daily lifestyles and routines, you can follow. But in the end, get ready first and do other things later.
2.) Wrap things a little early
Wrapping things for at least 10-15 minutes early at work helps to close the day’s work peacefully. You can utilize this time to look into your weekly schedule. Planning your next day at work can be easy. Cleaning your workspace can be done at this time. The next day when you start, the tidy workspace will increase your positivity.
3.) Organize your workspace
Organize your desk and workplace items. Keep them tidy. Make sure the things end up in their respective files, folders, and stationery-organizers. Overall, you will find it easy to execute things. You can save time.
1.) Don’t Rush Your Mornings
Definitely, you cannot rush your daily morning routines like showers, exercises, coffee, and breakfasts. Likewise, you cannot allocate any stipulated time in your weekly-schedule for them. For the best, wake up early. You can have more time as well as not rush into peaceful morning time.
2.) Organize your stuff in a solid place
Instead of scattering your keys, chargers, hand-bags, etc., keep them in one solid place. Every time you leave or enter, it becomes easy to find things. In this way, you can avoid wasting time searching for your stuff. It’s a simple thing. It helps you start every day and every week without any tensions.
3.) Don’t start your day with notifications and gadgets
Mornings are always productive. It gives a fresh start. Don’t waste it by spending time in checking your notifications. You could waste a considerable amount of time. Browsing here takes you there. It goes on and one.