Communication is one of the main sources of every human being. We all have different talking habits for different places so we must know exactly how to communicate effectively. It is something we learn from our childhood but a good manner and style is very important. It is unbelievable but people take classes to learn communication etiquette in order to get success in life.
There few things we must avoid in our communication to make it effective and understandable.
1. Avoid assuming: make sure whatever you talk of is clear and not confusing for others. If you are talking of ABC it must be understandable to your listener as ABC.
2. Avoid the same communication the style for everyone: just imagine you are representing an official meeting and your communication style is the same as you speak for large public or at your home.
3. Avoid getting nervous: it is the case with many of us but do you know your nervousness can be felt by people in your voice. We must overcome this habit or we might be judged with a bad impression by others.
1. Language is must communicate well: people say we need a good language to communicate while in India we have more than 20 languages. Have you ever thought how people over here communicates with someone who totally has no idea of a particular language? Hence it’s a wrong myth we don’t need any language to communicate. What is needed is a mixture of all the different types of communication.
2. If you know English you can communicate easily: no so many people I have met talk in their mother tongue. What about those villagers they don’t have any knowledge of English still they can communicate with someone from outside. We can use facial and our body expression as well to communicate.
3. The mixture of two languages makes communication easy: it’s not true at all even if you know more than two languages there very few chances that everyone you meet will know that same language. Hence language is a must but we need a good understanding of reading people’s faces and expressions.
Any direct communication will be each verbal and non-verbal even as indirect communication also can be verbal or non-verbal. Verbal communication will once more be direct or indirect and equally non-verbal communication also can be either direct or indirect. therefore as an example, there square measure four varieties of communication patterns in humans - verbal and direct, verbal and indirect, non-verbal and direct, non-verbal and indirect.
If you're unhappy and don't say therefore however imply indirectly, then you're victimization indirect ways to convey your state of mind.
Non-verbal communication is regarding victimization cues, facial or bodily expressions, visual communication, eye or hand movements, etc., to precise ideas. this will be quite direct like say, striking someone is very non-verbal however direct because it expresses anger even as crying represents sorrow. but non-verbal communication will be indirect like dodging your eyes from someone you are feeling uncomfortable with or maintaining prolonged eye contact with someone to convey a message.
Verbal communication is used by us in our daily life, but it is also important that we have good verbal communicating skills. Here are the 4 most effective ways we can use to develop our communication skills.
Ø Be confident: it is not only important to speak confidently, but a confident and bold tone is also important. It helps you deliver your message to people clearly very easily. Sometimes a confident talk can impress others even if you are wrong.
Ø Use catchy words: listening can be sometimes boring for people, so it is good if you use energetic words rather than being very serious and formal while speaking.
Ø Avoid using caulking words: most of us have the habit of using filler words in between our communication. It is natural but can distract our listeners. Try to practice while your free time and get rid of this habit.
Ø Practice makes a man perfect: We can practice every day in various forms of communication, In order to develop our effective communication skills.
There are four different types of communicating sources that we use in our daily life.
1. Verbal: it is the most used source in our daily life, in which we use our language by speaking to communicate with others. We can talk face to face with people or on phone calls using the verbal communication type.
2. Non-verbal: by non-verbal communication, we mean the body language. Yes, it is very important to have good body language. Sometimes can hurt others through our-verbal communication intentionally or unintentionally.
3. Writing: it is used generally used by us these days because we are in the century where social media is very much used. Writing communication has so many other sources as well such as books, blogs, letters which are changed into mails now, etc.
4. Visual: we can communicate visually by using photographs, drawing if we are good in arts, info-graphics, and graphs, etc. Visual communication are mostly used for advertising purposes.
We all know how important it is to have good communication skills to crack any interview. Here are four effective ways to communicate in an interview.
1. Be loud and clear: yes, it is must to be loud and clear so that the assessor understands everything you speak. In most cases, good communication skill helps us crash most interviews.
2. Listen, think, and speak: whenever you are asked, anything takes your time before you speak out anything. Listen to everything very carefully and think twice before you speak and be confident, do not mumble things. It is something that irritates and makes the chances of being selected low.
3. Concentrate on your tone: it includes the level of excitement that you use, the volume you use, and the level of communication you choose. It helps the recruiter find if you are really interested in that particular interview or not.
4. Ask questions: yes, it is the part of communication skill, ask the question if you didn’t understand something exactly. Don’t just answer anything; there’s nothing bad in doing so.
1. To communicate effectively we must have emotional intelligence. Self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management are the main components of emotional intelligence.
2. Effective communication means a good clarity of your thought. Lack of it can create a grate misunderstanding or confusion.
3. Be assertive in whatever you are speaking about it is one of the most effective communication skills.
4. If you are publically communicating don’t be a boss have a friendly tone, it encourages your listeners more. It is one of the best skills we must all have to communicate to personalize our message effectively with others.
5. Respect your listener, it is always good to sympathize with them before communicating. That means to learn what one is going through if they really are interested in your talk? Are they ready for it? Is it a good time to talk about something you are about to talk about?
Yes, good communication skills can indeed lead you to your success. Have you ever wonder how some people get promoted in their job within a month? Off-course it is because of their hard work, but some people also achieve promotions because of their strong communication skills.
Communication is needed in every area of our work, because it is the source that we mostly use to convey our thoughts to others.
Ø How communication can be the source of our success?
As I mentioned above that communication must in all job types. If we can reach others what we are trying to say effectively, we have good communicating skills. I will use an example here to justify the question above:
There are too many competitions in the market nowadays and wherever we go these days’ people with strong communication stands first. In an interview, the recruiters look for candidates who can communicate information, negotiate and confidently deal with customers.
So if we have good communication skills we can be highly successful in life.
1. Communication helps us in managing things in a better way, the managerial task can be easily completed with effective communication skills.
2. It helps in building a good relationship between management and the employees. Until there’s a good understanding of management to the employees the work can’t be performed well and for that, good communication is a must, so it is very important to be able to communicate well.
3. If we have a good communicating manner, our thought is well organized by speaking we can be an effective leader.
4. There is a lot to decide in management the task, for what good communication is must so that we can represent our thoughts well with everyone in the management.
5. Communication is very important, you won’t believe it can help us in placement, promotion, and transfer.
6. After all each and every managerial, the function is impossible without good communication skills.
Good communication is a must to attract your listener. Now, the question is, what are the things we can apply to our communication? Let’s have a look at some points that we can apply to attract the listeners.
# The listeners get easily bored, so try to create some humor in your communication.
# If you are a public speaker, use some fictions and stories, to maintain the interest level of the listeners.
# Pay attention to what the listener is finding interest in.
# Maintain eye contact with every listener, no one should feel being ignored, or that particular listener might end up getting bored.
# Stay to the point don’t get confused, this might distract your listener from you.
# A good communication is a must, but it adds ice to it when there’s some expression into it. Pay attention to your expression while communicating.
# Last and a very important point to attract your listener with your communication is to be loud and clear. Wait! Don’t be too loud if you are speaking with just a few people in a meeting hall or something.
Good communication is a must to make someone understand, but some of us find it difficult. Mostly in this generation where most of the communicating sources are in written form. Here are the five techniques we can practice to improve our communication skills.
1.If you find your voice flutter while communicating, reading some books or the newspaper aloud will be helpful.
2. Pause but not don’t have a long pause in between your communication and think what are you talking, don’t be very slow or too fast while talking.
3. Use the internet and Google to learn how to pronounce things clearly. Always check whenever you feel your pronunciation is wrong.
4. Start watching videos and try to speak after it. You will not only learn new words from here but learn how people interact and attract listeners.
5. Try to speak before someone you trust won’t make fun of you. That must be a person who can motivate you and tell you where to make changes. Mirror self- talk, it can be beneficial in improving your communication skills.
We can improve our communication skills whenever we want it never too late to learn things. Here are the five points that everyone can use to improve their communication.
1. First and most the important thing is to speak clearly, that the listener is able to understand you.
2. You can start practicing before the mirror. It will work magically must try if you don’t feel confident while communicating.
3. Think twice before you talk whether you are in public or between friends.
4. It is very important that you believe in yourself, don’t mumble talk confidently without the fear of saying something wrong. It is hard to be confident in public but you will make it after some time.
5. Good communication is not only about the talking, but it is also about what the listener wants to hear. So be attentive and only speak when you feel that the listener is ready to hear something you are about to speak. Always find out what your listener wants.
Yes, you read it right. Now before you get confused to let me help you with it. Person personality is not judged with what they look or have dressed with. But our personality is also observed by our speaking skills.
Imagine someone very well dressed up, speaking all those bad words that aren’t tolerable. So it is important for us to improve our communication skills first in order to improve our personality.
Good communication is very much needed anywhere in the world we are. If we can write well but can’t express something I the same way verbally, nobody would love to work with us. Good communication skills strengthen us in achieving so many good things in life. It is very important to bring smoothness to our work. If you really want a good startup into your livelihood it is important to improve your communication skills.
Good communication is a must to make a bright career.
Communication is one of the strongest ways to express our feelings and thinking with people. Just imagine meeting someone who can’t speak or speaks very fast. You won’t be able to understand such a person until they are someone you know personally and is in a habit to talk with.
One must be able to speak slowly be loud enough that everyone who’s listening is able to understand. A bad communication manner or habit can sometimes create a problem for you. As well it can create misunderstanding sometimes.
Our generation is developed so much and we have various ways and machines to communicate with each other. There are few that don’t need a verbal method but still it is very important that we have good speaking skills. For me, good communication means an effective and understandable speech, whatever is the meaning it makes for you make sure it good enough to understand what exactly you are trying to say.
1. Take a while and care to acknowledge and note however you communicate with those around you. Analyze your speaking vogue as well as tone, volume, and diction. Analyze your expressive style as well as orthography and synchronic linguistics, neatness, and vocabulary.
2. determine issues, conflicts, or contradictions in however you communicate with the globe around you. These bother areas can become the main target of your improvement set up.
3. determine the things wherever you're feeling snug and do not feel snug implementing modification.
4. modify your existing objectives to incorporate freshly discovered short-terms goals.
5. determine opportunities to "practice" and appearance for avenues for feedback throughout the method. Self-monitoring and review are additionally useful to grade your progress.
It is necessary to wait and see throughout the method as an improvement on any scale will take an extended time. For those people that feel they have assistance in any of the steps that were simply listed, there area unit help programs and templates on the market. variety of educational establishments or skilled counselors and tutors supply courses and seminars that give communication skills coaching.
The first thing many people think of when it comes to learning how to improve communication skills is talking. However, listening is actually one of the most important qualities of successful communication. When you take the time to truly listen and give your full attention to the person who is speaking to you, you will learn what their needs are and be able to better communicate with them. When you think, you will be more honest and the ideas you are trying to convey will be clearer.
Once you have thought about what you want to say and you have listened to the person who is speaking to you, the next best piece of advice on how to improve communication skills is to have eye contact. Good eye contact will allow you to inform whomever you are talking with that you are interested in what they are saying to you and that you understand them. When people, especially those you love, do not feel as though you are listening to them while they are talking, they will more than likely shut down and begin not communicating with you at all.
Words Affect Relationships! - We have all heard that it is not what you say, but how you say it. This is true in every sense of the word. When we are upset, agitated, pushed for time, words can often come out unintentionally harsh and may even be interpreted as uncaring
Effectively Communicating Love - Not everyone speaks the same language when it comes to expressing how we feel. Some people are more verbally oriented while others are more physically expressive. Still, others may demonstrate their affections by gift-giving. In any case, it is important to fully understand the language of the recipient and speak to our kids in the appropriate manner
The Power of Physical Touch - Many research studies have confirmed the power of physical touch. Words, while powerful, do not come close to the many emotions that are inspired by physical touch. It has been found that the touch from a loved one not only strengthens a relationship but can also relieve depressive symptoms. Parents and especially moms can learn to use the power of touch when communicating with kids to bond in their relationships more effectively.
Do you have to want to improve your networking skills? Do you struggle while networking with people? If yes, then read this article, I will give a basic understanding of Networking and ways to improve your networking skills.
Networking is known as an interchange of knowledge, thoughts, and ideas between people for a common profession or specific interests.
Ways to Improve Networking:
Start with Close Ones:
Starting a conversation with a complete stranger can be hard. So, I would suggest starting networking with the people around you before approaching a stranger(s).
Meet With A Smile:
Always meet them with a smile, it will not only put a strong and positive impression but it will also lighten your nervousness.
Timing Your Entry:
To join a conversation, you have to time your entry because it may annoy any group is talking and you suddenly barge in, it will also destroy the flow. So, listen to the conversation for some time with a smile, then make your entry with a question.
Address With Name:
Address people with their name because not only it helps you remember their name but it also makes them happy and comfortable and gives a friendly impression.
7c’s communications are seven pillars of effective communication. There are so many options to communicate with people. You can communicate in writing. Verbal and non-verbal are also two popular options.
The 7c’s have equal importance in these three types of communication.
The 7c’s of communications:
In professional communications, there is no scope of misinterpretations. But it happens. Sometimes, because we send some informal messages to our clients, sometimes, we cannot understand their requirements. We even cannot respect their emotions attached to some special projects. As a result, we cannot achieve the goal of satisfying our clients.
Practicing these seven steps skills will make you more effective in communication.
Communication is breaths of our lives. There are many ways to communicate with each other. A large part of our lives we spend communicating. Our every dream, every choice, and every decision have associated with the communication. Also, a major part of our problems is an outcome of the miscommunication we are part of.
There are 5W’s of communication. These can make every novice person an expert in communication.
The 5W’s are-
Every potential effective communication needs the base of these basic elements. You need to practice to get used to these elements.