Intellect means being clever. You are said to possess intellect if you have the reasoning and the understanding about something; especially with regards to matters that are abstract in nature. You can possess intellect on any subject, and in any field.
Intellect can be of a varied nature. However, two specific intellects that generally interest the world are personal intellect and social intellect.
Your personal intellect is your capacity to reason about a personality as a whole. This includes having intellect over motives, emotions, feelings, thoughts, values, beliefs, and self-control, to name a few.
However, your social intellect helps you in understanding yourself or others. Social intellect is not inborn. Social intellect develops through experience. You can develop social intellect my being sociable with people and learning from successes and failures that you come across from them. Social intellect is nothing but the life skills that you earned over a period of time.
You can refer below a couple of best ways in which you can develop your intellect personally and socially.
- You are a social being and need to mingle with society. The more network of associations you build, the more intellect you begin to develop.
- Read a lot of literature and philosophical books. Choose to read complex and high-quality write-ups. Review a lot of research papers. The better content you read, the more opportunities you give your mind to grow and also allow them to accommodate in your brain.
- Engage yourself in the company of people who are smarter and more intelligent than you. Hang out with such people and you will also enrich your intelligence levels. Expand your horizons. Introduce yourself to other possibilities in life.
- Understand that intellect is temporary. Intellect keeps flashing in and out of your memory. But if you practice stabilizing your mindset, you get more chances to reckon upon yourself and delivering your best most of the time.
- You may not be equipped with all the resources you need to reach your goal. But keep aspiring and keep working towards them. Seek help from others. Aim high. Don’t stop and look back. With continuous dedication and honest efforts, destiny will turn to your favor. Believe in being spiritual as well. Understand that persistence always pays off.
- Wear on the hat of imagination and creativity. Pen down what you see in the open air. The more imaginative you try to be, the more you will enhance your creative, innovative, and problem-solving skills and networking techniques. Be a visionary.
- Play a lot of brain games and puzzles that will help you stay focused. Sharpen the mind towards narrowing down to presenting presence of mind. The more work you give your brain, the more thoughts and ideas will it crop up with. This in a way contributes to developing your intellect and you can never renounce upon.
- Your brain is like a book of never-ending blank pages when you were born. You have the choice to scribble whatever you want and decide your life. Ensure to have the intelligence to scribble down ways in which you can develop your personality and be more sociable. Keep learning more in life as you keep growing.
Your book has infinite blank pages in it. The more you learn, the more excellent will you showcase, and with an abundance of information in hand, you can work smarter and there is an obvious increase in your ability to achieve anything. This happens out of your intellect.
- Do enough physical activities that boosts the performance of your brain and the functioning of your body. The brain works to its best when you supply it with full of oxygen. This in turn improves your memory. You will also act more intelligently in life. Exercising is one of the shortcuts to becoming smarter and more energetic in life, keeping you away from your stress and depression.
- Above all, you should spend time every single day, for sufficient sleep. A majority of your mood swings and missing out on your performance track is primarily the result of sleep deprivation. Short of sleep also affects your intellectual management. Therefore it is important to understand that having enough sleep determines your ability to stay focused and attentive and also rests a direct impact on your personal as well as social intellectual excellence.
Besides all the above, you may also choose to attend brain-boosting workshops and seminars. Interact with acquaintances and strangers as well on such platforms. This gives you an opportunity to develop your intellect both on the social front and on the personal front.